Samsung 1710 Laser Printer- do you still like it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimjiminyjim, Nov 20, 2004.

1. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

There was a lot of discussion around this laser printer about a year ago.
    Are people still happy with it (would you recommend it, or a different/newer one)? Thanks, Jim.

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Well, mine worked great until it broke. It won't even turn on anymore. I'm going to get an hp printer next time 'round.

3. andypress macrumors regular

We have had one for about a year. The page count is aobue 3000, and there hasnt been one problem since, even refilling toner in the same cartridge. It is incredibly fast for its price range, and you can regularly find it for $70 after rebates.

4. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

Its a nice cheap, fast printer. However lately i've been having a lot of problems getting it to share on my network (all macs). Its set as shared, and all the other computers on the network see it, but if they attempt to print to it, I get a "printer is busy" error, even though its not doing anything. I believe its a driver issue, but I have no way to be certain.

5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I suppose that I should provide more detail regarding my printer.

I bought it a little over a year ago, for about $80 after rebates. It lasted for a little over a year and I was very happy with it. Suddenly, about a month ago, the printer stopped turning on. I suppose it's something I may have been able to fix myself with a new switch or something, but the house I live in has a printer that's free to use for everybody, so I just chucked it.

So I was quite pleased with the printer until it broke. :D

6. jimjiminyjim thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sick of inkjets that with a one year or less lifespan. I haven't decided quite what to go with yet, but this is helpful.