Samsung 920BW-LCD Reviews

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kitki83, Nov 24, 2006.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Mar 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My family got me this LCD since the one I wanted to get sold out and they got me a similar type

Question will be is this monitor really good for design, or just what is the quality of this monitor A rate from 1-10.

Sorry but all the sites I couldnt find a product review for this one
  2. mike5732 macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2006
    I got this same monitor today. I haven't gotten to try it out at the native resolution as I still need the adapter for my macbook but I did try it out on an old computer over VGA. I don't know too much about comparing LCD's but it seems pretty nice to me. There is very little leakage even with the brightness all the way up on a black screen. The response time seems very good. I do not notice blurring. The color enhancement modes really help the picture to look better. It comes with a cd with software that I didn't try, but overall it seems pretty nice.

I looked around a little bit for reviews online but couldn't really find any for this exact model.
  3. s3ct0r3 macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2007
    Just to resurrect this post, but I too received the SyncMaster 920BW from a friend and I'm having trouble getting 1440 x 900 in OS X.

Can anyone help me? Is it possible to edit the to edit the "max supported resolution"

I've tried all that I know how to do.

Thanks so much.
  4. ArchaeoMac macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2008
    getting res 1440x900 for Samsung 920bw

I tried OS 9.2, OS X (10.2, 10.3), and different video cards (in a G4 AGP 400mhz), and finally succeeded by putting in a fatter video card (Nvision Geforce 64 meg). ATI 16 and 32 wouldn't do it, although in numbers they seem to have the raw horsepower. I also tried a device made by "Dr Bott" but it didn't help. I sprung for the Nvision card partly because I thought maybe the ATI didn't have good drivers, but I think it's hardware rather than software that's the problem.
    When I put the monitor on a different machine--G4 dual 500 (OS X 10.3) that had a fatter video card to begin with--there was no problem at all, the image was excellent, resolution easy to find.