Samsung: At it again

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by adildacoolset, Sep 11, 2012.

1. adildacoolset, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

macrumors 65816

http://www.cultofandroid.com/15880/samsung-builds-fake-apple-store-to-shoot-anti-iphone-5-ad/

Apple: Get our product because we think its a great device,
    Samsung: Get our product because you as Apple fans are stupid sheep for buying an apple product

And in truth, a lot of touchwiz features don't go beyond showing off. For me anyways. They shouldn't make fun of fans. They can do what they want to poke fun at apple products themselves, but they are going too far by poking fun at fans.

EDFIT: Sorry guys the link is dead. Anyways, it was about samsung propping up a fake apple store for another ad that mocks iPhone users. It's in preparation for the iPhone 5

2. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

soooo..... Samsung Phones :D

----------

This is a great way to attract new customers by the way. Well done Samsung :rolleyes:

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep. Sammy have really done well this time. They think the best way to attract new customers is to diss them

4. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

5. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Scandal!

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry. It was working. It's about the samsung erecting a fake apple store for another iPhone user mocking ad. This time, for the iPhone 5

7. macrumors 604

chrono1081

I've owned several Samsung phones and hated them all (infact my last non-iPhone phone was a Samsung).

Poor battery life (not at first, but after a month or two it was crap), cheap build quality, spotty software, no thanks.

Out of the four Samsung phones I had I didn't like a single one. Never again.

8. macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

I Love my Samsung Galaxy S2, It was far better than the iPhone, once i stripped off the Samsung Rom with touchwiz (Which is crap) and went to stock ICS.

Why samsung insists on destroying its awesome hardware and making the Stock Android OS almost unusable with that crappy UI is beyond me.

9. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you fell for the same thing 4 times, then you're not too bright. Sorry, but come on.....

10. macrumors 604

chrono1081

I didn't get a choice, they were work phones.

11. macrumors 6502a

I thought judges ruled Samsung has erectile dysfunction... :p
    They have been quite successful with the hardcore fandroids though. Created a division between fanbois and fandroids bigger than ever before.... :(

12. thread starter macrumors 65816

And androids are acting so smug nowadays, always finding ways to insult iPhone users and showing ff their devices so much.

And as for the first paragraph, I knew someone would make a dirty joke out of it :D

13. macrumors G3

roadbloc

Sigh. You should has attempted to be classy Samsung. Everyone knows that poking fun at competitors products turns people's wallets off. Apple's Mac vs PC ads alone proved that.

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

What apple were doing, was insulting the PCs. What samsung are doing, is insulting fans for buying iPhones. Big difference

15. macrumors 65816

Huge difference...

Samsung is mad so they're just being Jerks now.

16. thread starter macrumors 65816

Firstly, they lost a billion dollars in a very public trial. Then their competitor outgrows them by a lot. Finally, the A6 chip whoops the S3 chip in benchmarks. Poor old Sammy.

17. macrumors member

Be better people

If you guys don't like that Samsung generalises Apple users, then don't do it yourself. Apple users should be known for being happy tech users, not diving into hatred to competitors products or the people who use them.

Be happy users guys, and be good examples. :)

18. macrumors 6502a

After watching the latest Samsung ads portraying the iPhone stand-in-line folks as sheep, it occurred to me that it won't be too much longer till Samsung has a 7-inch tablet-sized phone and is bragging about having the largest screen for a phone. I can just see those users now, walking around with a large block held up to their heads.

19. macrumors regular

A little reality check for Samsung.

Plagiarising Apple ideas has moved them from Most Favoured Supplier of parts, to Supplier Being By-passed as soon as possible.

Samsung pooped in the nest. End of story.

20. thread starter macrumors 65816

Simple: you know how people are predicting that the iPads will merge with the MacBooks? Well, heres how it'll go with samsung:
    2013 or 2014: Samsung galaxy S lineup merges with the galaxy note lineup
    2016 or 2017: Galaxy S linbeup merges with the galaxy tab lineup
    2022: In a huge leap, the galaxy S lineup merges with their smart TV lineup, to create the biggest phones ever. And at that time, expect it to gave a super duper amoled 3d 4k super HD smart haptic plus ultra mega max

21. macrumors Core

MacNut

To be fair the Samsung commercials are fairly accurate to how iPhone users are.

22. thread starter macrumors 65816

If I knew I was bad at tennis, I'd accept the fact. But if my partner told me straight that I was bad at tennis, i would be upset. They're trying humiliation as a sales tactic

23. macrumors Core

MacNut

I think they are pointing out accurate stereotypes about iPhone users. Don't believe me just look at the iPhone forums here.

24. thread starter macrumors 65816

I know that, but the point I'm trying to get across is that they are being mocked for who they are by Samsung, and so isn't a good way of getting them to buy the products

25. macrumors 68040

tech4all

Pretty much sums it up right there. Apple brainwashes people in thinking the iPhone is the next big thing, when in fact it's not. And people will believe it and get the "best Apple product ever." Gotta admit though, Apple is a genius when it comes to marketing. Genius! That :apple: is very powerful.

True, but if I were an iPhone user, why on Earth would I want to go to a Samsung phone if all they're doing is insulting me? I vowed never to buy a Samsung product, well at least cell phones. Although I do have a Galaxy Nexus, but I see mainly as a Google phone made by Samsung. I kinda hope Google chooses a new manufacturer for the next Nexus.

Insult the product, not the customer who gives you money. Course one could argue Apple's prices are an insult to customers but that's a whole other debate :D