Samsung Bashes iPad's Screen, Lack of Multitasking in New Galaxy Tab S Ads

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 11, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Last week, Samsung released an anti-iPhone ad calling iPhone users "wall huggers" in a promotion for its Galaxy S5 smartphone. Today the South Korean company is promoting its new Galaxy Tab S with two new anti-Apple advertisements, bashing the iPad's lack of multitasking and its screen.

In the first ad, Samsung features a crying baby and a dad fighting over an iPad that's unable to display two apps at once. The baby wants to watch a movie while the dad is trying to catch a sports game. A Galaxy Tab S, which can display multiple apps at once, is swapped for the iPad, and suddenly both dad and baby are happy.

First announced in June, Samsung's newest tablet, the Galaxy Tab S features a high-resolution (2560 x 1600) Super AMOLED display. During its presentation, Samsung touted the tablet's display quality, suggesting it had a more accurate color range, better contrast, and higher outdoor visibility than a typical LCD display. The Galaxy Tab S is also Samsung's thinnest tablet to date, offering a fingerprint sensor, an 11 hour battery life, and Android's multitasking features.

The iPad Air, in contrast, features a 2048 by 1536 Retina display with 3.1 million pixels. While it is unable to run two apps at once presently, split-screen multitasking is said to be in the works. Apple is also working on a new version of the iPad Air and the Retina iPad mini, both of which are expected to come equipped with Touch ID fingerprint sensors and an A8 processor.

Article Link: Samsung Bashes iPad's Screen, Lack of Multitasking in New Galaxy Tab S Ads
  2. macrumors G5

Nov 14, 2011
    Did Samsung hire away Mark Penn from Microsoft?
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Samsung's new motto: If you can't beat 'em, bash 'em.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2010
    The last thing you could bash about the ipad is the screen. Don't see what more you could want from it?
  5. macrumors 6502a

Feb 19, 2008
  6. macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2011
    yet they fail miserably in sales compared to the single-tasker And supposedly not-so-great-resolution iPad ?

7. macrumors 604

Jul 29, 2003
    Silicon Valley
  8. macrumors regular

May 27, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    Sure, two different people watching two different video streams (who gets the audio?) is a totally realistic scenario.
  9. macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2014
    New York City
    This is honestly the worst commercial I've ever seen. Who shares an iPad with their infant? Why doesn't he watch the sports on the TV or the baby watch the show on the TV? If you have two shows on one device not only is that going to kill the battery, one of them will have no sound. Stupidest commercial I have ever seen :confused::(:apple:
  10. macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2010
    They should probably bash TSMC since they are the real competitors
  11. macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2008
  12. macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2009
    A typical iPad Dad would give his kid his old iPad. Problem solved :cool:
  13. macrumors 6502a

Nov 4, 2012
    Lol just look at what a mess the layout is, Samsung is so clueless.
  14. myrtlebee, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

macrumors 65816

Jul 9, 2011
    Anybody else getting right click menu popups when they tap to play YouTube videos like these on their iPad (I have an iPad mini if it matters)? Didn't have this problem yesterday.

UPDATE: It seems the issue has been fixed - at least with the videos I have viewed today, including the ones in this article.
  15. macrumors regular

Mar 22, 2011
    why does samsung resort to bashing ipad or apple products in general. i guess the their product is inferior that's why and i read somewhere (not macrumors) that their new galaxy phone is a flop...
  16. macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2008
    Yeah. Same here
  17. macrumors 6502a

Feb 7, 2011
    I find myself in this kind of situation, like, all. the. time. I'm so grateful that Samsung has managed to make an ad that showed just how capable samsung is in having such a direct and meaningful impact on improving the quality of my life! I shall now go buy 2. ;)
  18. macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2014
    Cause Mac VS PC commercial worked so well for apple! :D
  19. macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2013
    Advertising fail

Really poor execution of an interesting, useful feature. I hate to say it, but good advertising of an inferior product can sell over bad advertising of a superior product.

That being said, I'd still buy an apple product over a Samsung one any day :)
  20. macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Bad, isn't it? Typical, though. You got 2 cores, I got 4, they're better. How many dpi you got! Hey, I got more! Oh, and that crowd's a bunch of fanboys! Next big thing! Schoolyard taunts.
  21. macrumors 6502

The Mad Hatter

Oct 12, 2004
    Yes, both the wife and I are getting them. Very annoying.
  22. macrumors regular

Feb 19, 2009
    What kind of poor family don't own a TV at home? Stupid ad.
  23. macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Regardless of it running one app at a time or twenty, it's still not an iPad. ;)
  24. macrumors regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Split screen would be awesome.

Email on one and Internet on other. I can see lots of other users. I wouldn't be bashing a feature like that.
  25. macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2014
    Samsung split screen causes Cross eyed kid

I don't know about anybody else, but the kid looks crossed eye when he's watching the samsung tablet... If that product has that effect on people... they can keep it.

And yes, when I'm with a bunch of bros, I like to watch the same movie on my iPad instead of my tv! Make perfect sense!