Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Hi I just got this camera to go with my Mac Book, I had to replace my old 3.2 camera. I want to add more memory to it, but I'm not sure what the maximum expandable capacity is. On my old digi camera it was 512mb, I tried reading reviews, but none of them say anything about max expandable capacity.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
That camera appears to support SD, but not SDHC which means that it should support up to 2Gb cards, but not the newer 4Gb ones which are SDHC only. I'd check the manual to be sure though.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
It doesn't say what the max. capacity in the manual but, the accepted cards are SD and MMC. Thanks for the info I was planning to get a 4gb card too.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
ichii said:
It doesn't say what the max. capacity in the manual but, the accepted cards are SD and MMC. Thanks for the info I was planning to get a 4gb card too.

If it says SD and MMC but does not mention SDHC 4Gb cards will not work. 2Gb should be OK (and will hold hundreds of pictures).

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I notice the battery is really bad, about 24 pictures, and a couple of video clips and the battery is low or dead. I'm thinking about returning it, is this normal for a digital camera with 7.2 megapix?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
How long are the video clips you are taking? I'd expect to get at least a hundred pictures on a charge out of a modern camera...

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
You might want to run the battery all the way down and then fully charge it. are you using flash or not?

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I was using regular engergizer AA batteries, but I just got some rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. I hope it last longer, the video I take range from 1-2 mins with 30fps/ 640x480. SanDisk SD 2gb for 40.00 is that a good price?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
AAs? Then I have no idea how long the batteries should last. All the digital cameras I have ever had have used special battery packs, with the recent ones being Lithium Ion which last a lot longer. Do they make a Li-Ion pack for that camera?

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
It uses regular akaline batteries and Ni-MH batteries, I just got the Ni-MH batteries and using it right now :D . It's lasting a lot longer now, then with the regular AA batteries.

neberhardt

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
from the Samsung Website

If you go to:
http://[COLOR="Blue"]www.samsungcamera.com/product/pro_view.asp?prol_uid=1870&cat_uid=11[/COLOR]

This is what batteries they say:

Primary Battery: 2x AA Alkaline
Rechargeable battery(0ptional) : SCC-S4 KIT(Dedicated Cradle Charging System)
SNB-2512 KIT(2xAA Ni-MH Battery & Charger)

I use this camera with 2 AA Lithium Batteries Like they sell at Walmart and get a much much longer life out of them than alkaline batteries.

As for the memory card, this is what they say:

External memory: MMC/SD card (Up to 2GB Guaranteed)

It supports SD cards (up to 2GB), not SDHC, although from their wording I would assume that some may work. I personally tried using a SanDisk Ultra II 4GB SDHC card and it did not work. My SanDisk 2GB SD card works fine though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.