Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pear21

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan
The problem with Android is they don't offer as many alternatives as you might think. They have a lot of phones. But anything besides the galaxy series and some of the htc's the rest are crappy phones. They need to make a phone with a smaller screen lets say 4.3" that still has a quality build and nice features like their flagship phones.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Please, please just stop with the big screens! 4'' is good enough. If I wanted something over 4'' I'd whip out.......my tablet!:p Please stop the madness!

----------

The problem with Android is they don't offer as many alternatives as you might think. They have a lot of phones. But anything besides the galaxy series and some of the htc's the rest are crappy phones. They need to make a phone with a smaller screen lets say 4.3" that still has a quality build and nice features like their flagship phones.

I agree. I have the orignal Galaxy S and it was the perfect size. But I don't like having a monstrosity of a phone to have a good one.

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012

How about the Razr M?

swpars

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Seattle, WA

Motorola Droid Razr M is what you're looking for.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/motorola-droid-razr-m-review-a-very-good-ics-handset-in-a-small/

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
I'm quite happy with the size of my S3, felt large at first, feels perfect now.

For me one of my fears about the S3 when I was considering getting it was it's size, I feared it would be too big to use comfortably but nope, it is an excellent size and feels perfect for me. Been using mine rather comfortably and it feels without problem in my pockets.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Don't you guys love competition?

Anyway, hope they don't blow it this year with that Pebble crap.

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Agree. I loved, and still do, the size of the galaxy S2. To me that was the perfect screen size. All they had to do was improve the camera and stick in a bigger battery and I'd be happy.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
That's a fair criticism. I agree that Android manufacturers should make both a small and a large flagship phone with the exact same features except for screen size in order to cover all their bases.

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
That's a fair criticism. I agree that Android manufacturers should make both a small and a large flagship phone with the exact same features except for screen size in order to cover all their bases.

Indeed. One of the OEMs really needs to bring an iPhone-esque competitor to the market. 4-4.3" at most, top-notch build quality, vanilla Android experience, geared towards the more mature set who use the phone for productivity purposes, rather than for entertainment or gaming (which is really the primary reason for gigantic screens).

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I was always kind of wondering where Samsung might go with the S4. 5" is the way to go, it will soon be the norm for premium smart phones. 1080p res as well? That would be a stunning phone. Of course Apple will still be trotting out a sub-HD phone by then. For as much as they've innovated with the iPad, they've really let the iPhone go.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London

McCool71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
Reports say that the newest Samsung Galaxy 4 will be announced in February next year.

It might be announced in February, but I doubt it will be available until late spring.

Remember that the Galaxy S3 was known a couple of months before it launched in May this year.

Since Samsung doesn't play the 'full price until the next version is available'-game they have little to lose by doing launches this way - the S3 (just like the S2 and S1) will be more affordable than it's follow-up model already months before it is available, so it isn't really a competitor to the S4 when it comes to price. Those that have waited 8-10 months to get a S3 won't buy a S4 at launch anyway.

kdarling

macrumors P6
They can talk and text at the same time on 3G. So it balances out.

Point of clarification:

You cannot talk and surf the internet at the same time on Verizon 3G (well, unless you have SVDO or are using VoIP).

However, you _can_ talk and text at the same time on a Verizon phone on 2G, 3G, or 4G.

That's because real texts (SMS... not internet based IMs) are not data and do not need or use an internet connection. They're more like a second phone call.

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012

Galaxy Nexus or the Motorola RAZR i good build quality, forfront of android and 4.3" a piece :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.