Samsung i500

Discussion in 'Community' started by thereisnoneed, Apr 11, 2004.

1. thereisnoneed macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2004
    Has anybody used the Samsung i500?
    -Does it work with isync?
    -is it very bulky?

I need a phone that will sync with address book and ical. I would love it to be blue tooth but I use Sprint PCS and they do not offer any BT phones that I know of. Secondly would it be better to wait for a better phone? I like the phone PDA hybrid idea but there are not many to choose from and even fewer on the mac.

Any input would be great. Thanks.
  2. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Oct 23, 2002
    The i500 is a sweet phone! I don't know if it works with iSync, or Macs in general. I know the Treo phones do work, though. I have a Treo 300, and it's awesome. The Treo 600 recently came out, too. Check them out at

If anyone knows about Mac compatibility with the Samsung i500, I'd really like to know also!
  3. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    buffalo ny
    the i500 is a major POS!!! it isnt mac friendly... has no expansion... no camera... no external caller ID... the phone quality sucks...

trust me... get the treo 600... all around better bang for the buck... plus handspring/palm one is better to their customers... when the treo 600 came out... you could trade your treo 300 in for like 200 bucks off the price of the 600...
  4. thereisnoneed thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2004
    Thanks for the input. I will check out the Treo 600. Does anyone know when they will have bluetooth support?