Samsung introduces Golden Galaxy S4...(Yup, really)

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Brandon263, Sep 25, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I guess I knew that this would happen:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/25/4769086/samsung-counters-iphone-5s-with-a-golden-galaxy-s4

2. macrumors G5

3. macrumors 68000

Tsuchiya

Gotta admire Samsungs balls for trying to seize the moment.

There's a reason why the Galaxy line took off in the first place, and not because there weren't other Android rivals on the market.

4. APhillyApple, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

macrumors regular

LOL @ Samsung!! They are quite pathetic. I cant quit laughing at the blatant copycat nature of this company. They want to be Apple so bad, they cant stand themselves. Let the spinning begin!

5. macrumors 68040

Another Samsung device "inspired" by Apple. What's next, S-TouchID?

I thought they would've at least waited until the S5 to do a gold phone.

6. macrumors 601

gotluck

Well they want to be apple aside from the screen size of their phones...

7. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Are we still arguing that one side isn't more rife with double standards than the other?

8. macrumors 6502a

Both sides are guilty.....but you got to admit, this is sad enough it is amusing.

9. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

How come no one is pointing out Samsung had gray colored phones before apple?

Where's your god now?

10. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

or the fact more than black and white has been offered for a long time. Oh knows the 5C copied android b.c they have more colors!!!

11. macrumors 6502

Every phone manufacturers has gray colored phones.

Where's your god now?

12. macrumors 603

MH01

Well this is pathetic. Liked the s3 but loosing lots of respect for samsung.

13. macrumors 65816

Samsung added 2 colors to the s3 mid cycle also last year.this is not something new with Samsung .its a mid cycle face lift.

Last year they added red and brown to the gs3

Now they added pink and gold vs red and brown

14. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

I don't have a god. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that Samsung doesn't care, they just want their name slapped on anything and everything they can manufacture. They're not worried about infringing on anyone's patents, they don't care whether they're just a big copycat of everyone else. They do it because they can. They lose a lawsuit, who cares? That's a day's worth of paycheck for them.

It's a disgusting way of doing business, and in the end, the only one who suffers is the companies like Apple and Dyson. Which is alright to them because the more they push money into these lawsuits, the less money they have overall, which will lead to financial trouble, and boom, they're gone and that's just the empty space where Samsung can line up 500 different models of the same crap to profit from.

15. macrumors 68020

sviato

But was it added to the roadmap when rumors of a gold iPhone began a few months ago? ;)

I'd say they copied Nokia rather than Android

16. macrumors G5

You see to state your opinion as facts. Where is any evidence that Samsung doesn't care about infringing patents. That they just want their name slapped on anything and everything.

Bias much?

17. macrumors 65816

Lol do you think Samsung selling 50 million gs4s and 20 million note 2s are because of apple? Do you some how think apples gold color is going to help Samsung make more sales?

Its just a freaking color and another option.if someone has made up there mind on a gs4 the color choice is not going to change it.if Samsung didn't have hot gold pink you would of bought the white one.

18. macrumors 68000

Tsuchiya

With all due respect, neither Apple or Dyson were struggling last I checked. Introducing a gold coloured phone in a limited region is hardly some devious move made by a cartoon villain and the lawsuit put forward by Dyson won't bankrupt them.

19. identity, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013

macrumors 6502

There have been gold phones before the iPhone which Apple sheeps don't understand. Samsung has also had gold phones released before so who's copying who?

Funny Apple fanboys say anything when Apple straight up copies features for iOS 7.

Hypocrites.

20. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Me neither. :)

And I see others have already addressed the rest of your post quite adequately.

----------

I don't find it sad at all.

How come when Apple copies, these same people making these sorts of threads are so understanding and sympathetic that Apple is merely adopting the trends of technology? Indeed, when this happens, it's a good thing for iOS/iPhone users.

But when Samsung sees that Gold is popular and introduces it (along with other colors, it's not like they just made Gold) they're copying and ripping off Apple. Why isn't Samsung credited as adopting the trends as well?

Will we see this sort of threads from these same people when Apple adopts larger screens, screens potentially as large as 6" as some reports have said Apple is testing? Or will Apple be credited as wisely following the trends of larger screen devices, even as large as phablets?

They should be credited for the latter, but so should everyone else that does the same thing. Apple is copying Samsung as they rightly should, and Samsung is copying Apple, as they rightly should, too.

Everyone copies. Everyone follows tech trends. Each company sets a few trends here and there.

----------

Care to explain the 5C? Let's hear it, OP. Let's hear how fair you are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Oh hey guys! Is this the party where we pat ourselves on the back for being atheists?

Samsung really will build anything/everything to try and outdo Apple, won't they? I'm not a fan of the gold 5S, but at least it's a palatable shade of gold/champagne. This appears to be GOLD gold... which I'm sure will look delightfully trashy in Samsung's high-quality plastic shell.

22. macrumors 6502

Everyone copies something from someone, but in Samsung's case it's almost shameless.

Plastic finished in gold color will never look nearly as good as metal. It'll probably look pretty cheesy in person.

23. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I don't even own a Samsung product. Came close to buying a Samsung TV recently, but went with LG.

I don't even care about Samsung nor am I even that big of a fan of them.

But threads like this are ridiculous.

----------

We can if you want it to be, I guess? :p

Anything would be better than this pathetic thread.

24. macrumors 6502a

It isn't about originality or borrowing ideas - that's going to happen in the industry.

My problem is that their gold phones are so flipping ugly. Design is just not Samsung's strong point.

25. samcraig, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

macrumors G5

Your "problem" ?

Why is this a problem for you. Were you going to buy a gold S4 and now won't because of how it looks?