Samsung ML-1430 Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by deckmoney, Jun 1, 2005.

1. deckmoney macrumors member

Has anyone been able to get a Samsung ML-1430 working under Tiger? I'm able to add the printer just fine (using the Brother ML-1430 driver, which I believe is the exact same printer), but when I print the printer starts making it's normal noises and then just stops. The queue reports the job as completed.

Any ideas would be great. I Googled extensively and found one person on MacInTouch who hasn't found a solution and one person on another forum who has their printer working just fine (though they didn't give any details on how they got it to work).

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I thought I remember reading that Samsung dropped support for OS X, so the best you are going to do is probably some open source effort or using CUPS.

3. deckmoney thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I noticed they removed their drivers from their support website, but I assumed that was because they hadn't updated them for Tiger and wanted to eliminate the "the driver doesn't work" calls.

I'm rather disappointed in Samsung...when I bought my printer I remember checking the box to verify it was compatible with Mac OS X and it said it was. I'm calling tomorrow (hours are between 10 AM and 8 PM for anyone interested) to bitch.