Samsung Profits Jump as Smartphones Sales outstrip Apple

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by bigchief, Apr 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Sorry but i'm going to have to attribute this to the multiple Samsung phones that they make and that customers continuously purchase because they feel they have to keep upgrading.

but that's just my personal opinion.

3. macrumors 604

cynics

Nokia makes multiple handsets too which was the main comparison in that article. If you compare to apple some could even argue you have the option of the 3GS, 4 and 4S. Apple is still turning a profit on all of those too.

4. macrumors regular

That is terrible reasoning since they don't make that many phones. They are only on the galaxy s2 line.

5. macrumors 68000

thewitt

Samsung has 8 CURRENT unique phone models in their line, at many different price points.

6. macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I currently have the Samsung Nexus and I love it. Its not as premium in the hands as iPhone glass, but its definitely a solid phone. If I could get android on a iPhone 4S I might buy one of those instead.

7. macrumors regular

So how do these 8 current models make people constantly upgrade which my post was in response to? If anything Apple is king of making people constantly upgrade.

8. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

If that is your argument then you need to look at Apple that does massive 100% bs software blocks on phones to force you to upgrade to the new iPhone.
    Apple is by far the most guilty of pulling off this crap.

9. macrumors 65816

Apple is still making 80% of mobile industry profits. Samsung maybe gets 10%.