Samsung Rep sabotages iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by arbourable, Mar 14, 2013.

1. macrumors member

May 24, 2010
    I was at a Tesco Store today (Mansfield in the UK) and found the iPad display models had been unplugged from the power and the cables were nowhere to be seen. Consequently, they were both out of battery (it was 2:30 in the afternoon). Right next to the Apple display was a Samsung booth, complete with two Samsung reps. They were on a mission to sell all manner of Samsung devices to the good people of Mansfield and to train Tesco staff on the finer points of selling Samsung goods. Now, call me paranoid, but I think its obvious that either Tesco staff or the Samsung reps had sabotaged the iPads!

If i'm right, it shows a) that Samsung Reps are not above being underhand b) they don't feel they can compete with Apple on a level playing field and c) Tesco staff are willing to be partial for whatever reason (a spiff perhaps?).

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who knows if the practice is widespread, if I just happened across a couple of rogue reps, or if I'm being naive and this kind of thing goes on all the time.
  2. macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Oh my god, it's a mirage. I'm tellin' y'all it's a sabotage!
  3. macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2009
    Umm... So what? Display phones where I live are unplugged all the time. Did you not think maybe someone stole the charging cables? They aren't exactly cheap.
    Either way, its a display iPad, not your cars brakes. Let it go.
  4. macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    I worked at a store that had a small electronics section over the holidays. We had 3 tablets on display. Out of all three months I worked there, we only had 1 tablet operational, and only for 3 weeks at that.
  5. macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2011
    NY USA
    lol, just lol. Really, this was your conclusion????
  6. macrumors 65816

Dec 7, 2010
    I think its more likely that tesco staff have nicked the cables for their own idevices.

Or if you want a real conspiracy maybe you should starting testing the tesco own brand burgers for traces of apple cables.:D
  7. macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    Yet another example of Apple users thinking the world is out to get the company that you BUY FREAKING ELECTRONICS FROM.

Get over it. Who cares if they did or not?

Do you not have more important things going on in your life? If not, congratulations. You have it good.