Samsung SideSync - Very Cool

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by PollyK, May 11, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2013
    Now here's something very cool. Why hasn't something like this already been released years earlier? Maybe it has, I don't know. But I've never seen it. If anyone with an android device can give this a go and let us know if it actually works would be nice.

2. macrumors 601

Oct 27, 2009
    I was excited until I read it only works on Samsung PCs. That's BS.
  3. macrumors 68010

Feb 28, 2011
    Would be nicer if it worked on Samsung chrome books.
  4. Administrator

Staff Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Someone has to be first with any kind of new technology. If Apple had been the first to do this, without it being usable on other types of devices, some people would probably be disappointed. But we wouldn't call it BS.

It makes sense that a company might create a feature or function that makes their brand stand out. ;)

I think it looks cool, and it's a fun idea. Don't know off hand how much I'd actually use it, but who knows – if I had it, I just might discover ways I found it useful.
  5. macrumors 601

Oct 27, 2009
    Apple is kind of different cause their OSs are only on their own products. The Samsung vid in the OP made is seem like as long as you have a PC your good to go.

Anyways, a hack to use on non Samsung PCs will probably emerge.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    This would be a nice feature to have on Macs and iPhones. I can imagine using this on a daily basis. It would be better if the phone's screen is mirrored onto the computer though, so you can control it without having to look at the phone.
  7. macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2012
    Michigan/Ohio, USA
  8. macrumors 6502

Aug 11, 2010
    They show just that later on in the video
  9. macrumors 601

Oct 27, 2009
    Just got this to work on my ASUS Windows 8 notebook, using the instructions from this XDA thread. The instructions are simple, but I did have to troubleshoot slightly.

10. 3bs
    macrumors 603

May 20, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    This kinda makes me jealous that I bought the One :p

Doesn't really matter since I use a Mac anyway.