Samsung SPH-i700

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well as many of you know I work for Verizon. Well I still have my LG-VX6000. However I had a customer trade me a Samsung SPH-i700 for a Samsung SCH-a530. I sold him the i700 a few months ago...

Well when I had the i700 I never really used it to its capabilities. Now I am. I have to say this puppy is AWESOME!

You can get 3rd party software so you can sync it to your mac!

The Verizon exppess network is very fast. So if you can get one, grab it. You won't regret it.

Anyone else have one?

2. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

3. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

4. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Not right now. I may go back and help them after the 1st of the year, but I don't know.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Still no bluetooth on Verizon's CDMA network right? I'm kinda bummed about that. I have a crappy, and I mean extra sucky Motorola 120c that I can't get rid of till August '04 because of my contract. Too bad the contract didn't say if the phone sucks you can get a different one. I'm considering switching to a GSM provider come August so I can get BT and a nicer phone. Screw Motorola.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'm about to get a new phone but all these PDA 'pocket PC' phones are too expensive.

I'll probably end up with the Nokia 3650, which has TONS of features.

Its a camera phone with 3MB of storage (that's upgradeable btw), speakerphone, big color screen, etc.

But I have one question concerning this phone: how do XHTML and WAP 2.0 browsers work on a phone. Like I wouldnt be able to get on macrumors would I?

scem0

7. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

We only have one bluetooth phone. The Motorolla Timeport.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Is it pricey/widely available? I don't want to leave Verizon's excellent coverage, but their phones suck around here. Is it a regional thing? Or just because I live in a small-town kinda place and my local dealer just doesn't have poop for selection?

9. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I think Motorolla still sells them, or you could find on on ebay. They should not be that expensive. Cool phone though.