Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EeZeEpEe

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Tampa, FL
Apple should keep the iPhone size the same on the next one and add voice capabilities to the iPad for those wanting a big screen phone.

You know there's a huge difference between a 3.5" iPhone and 10" iPad? People just want at least something in between.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
HEY GUYS! LETS OVER EXAGGERATE! WOOOOOO! I HAVE TO STRETCH MY FINGERS OUT, LIKE, MAYBE HALF AN INCH! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? I HAVE SMALL HANDS, SAMSUNG! I CAN'T DO THAT!

Comeon, people. It's not that much bigger. From the looks of it, I'd say it's roughly equal in size to the old HTC Evo, which could easily fit in your pocket. To me, it's the difference between small and comfortable, and slightly larger and comfortable.

1: I bet you have a Galaxy Note.
2: Look at the picture of the kid holding it...... seriously, you want a phone THAT big and then get all upset when on an APPLE fan site, people like me state how massive the phone is!

3: HTC EVO 3D: 4.96" x 2.57" x 0.44" Galaxy S3: 5.17" x 2.51" x 0.34"

Last edited:

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Today is maybe not the finest hour for Samsung industrial design team.

Nicer handset.
20-Lumia-900-white.jpg

Nicer handset.
htc-one-x.png

Nicer handset.
xperia-s-message-android-hd.jpg

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
s
Sounds like you now have found the perfect phone fr you. At least if you owned the SG III you wouldn't get teased by your friends about how small the phone screen is like you do with your 4S. ;)

did u stalk my old comments :eek:

Hopefully, with iOS 6 and the next iPhone, Apple will again "reinvent the phone" and set a new benchmark of what a phone should be. How? I don't know but they've done it before.
All phones out these days are really not too different from each other. Feature here, feature there, but all pretty similar. It's not at all like when the first iPhone shipped and there was no contest as far as which was the most feature packed, intuitive, innovative phone.

i hope you are right, it would be a pity to switch cuz i'm pretty much depending on iCloud right now.
what i dont like about recent apple updates is that they just simply add "apps" like reminder etc. i want them to TWEAK the actual UI a little. may it be little things like icons for mute etc in the status bar or open the freaking notification center for devs. the notification center looks soooo SAD on the iPad

musser

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2004
cheaters

Samsung hasn't one ounce of creative in their midst. Their mantra is to copy the best 'out there.' The only Samsung product I've purchased was an overly priced fridge. That's the LAST thing I buy from these punks. They think they can simply bully anyone into submission. It won't work this time. Ban Samsung crap.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Does it fit in a standard business shirt pocket? Otherwise it makes no sense, better wait for an updated Note.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City

Noodlefarmer

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2008
In the Eyes....

Here's the deal. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't. The market will decide if it's a success or not. Not the knuckleheads on this board. Personally I think it does look a little cheesy, but that's just my opinion. Others may love it. It's just another option for people. And they will make their decisions.

Sensamic

macrumors 68030
Mar 26, 2010
Guys... guys... Its really BORING to read 8 out of 10 comments about samsung copying apple... I don't care if they copied or not...

Can we please comment on specs and more interesting stuff??

The old iOS vs Android discussion is ALREADY BORING!!

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
I will prob buy it when it comes out i think the features are great, after 4 years of ios im getting kinda bored of the ui, i will prob go back to apple as I do realise the build quality and looks are better on the iphone than anything out there. but i just need a break from ios. You will never get a balanced thread about an android phone on here, yes i will get down voted, yes their voice control looks identical to siri, yes after 6 months i will prob wish i had my iphone but for now i soooo bored of the ios ui. atleast android is making major improvements. Please apple make major changes to ios :)

reedmartin

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
Here's the deal. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't. The market will decide if it's a success or not. Not the knuckleheads on this board. Personally I think it does look a little cheesy, but that's just my opinion. Others may love it. It's just another option for people. And they will make their decisions.

People will buy it, then stop buying it. It's the same with every Android phone ever released. A big month or two then plummet into nothingness...why would anyone expect any different with this phone

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Not just that. Samsung phones (Android) had voice recognition before iPhone, Samsung has had small MP3 players for ages. In fact what they are offering is not a stand-alone MP3 player (perhaps it maybe used as one) but an accessory for Galaxy S3. It may be charged from the phone connect to it (which iPod can't).

NOPE.

2009: iPhone 3GS with VOICE CONTROL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_3GS
2010: Android 2.1 with "voice actions" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Padraig

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
The Samsung Galaxy S III: now with integrated shoulder straps!

And did AndroidCentra intentionally turn down the brightness on the iPhone? Mine certainly doesn't look that dim/washed out.

Yes, it obviously a conspiracy.

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Don't really understand the need for a huge phone screen. It is a phone, after all. Personally, I like the iPhone's size — still functional and still fits neatly in my pocket. I can also hold it while running without looking like an idiot (well maybe I still look like an idiot, but an idiot who doesn't go running with a tablet ;)).

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Only design wise, but then again, that is a personal choice. Feature wise, the S3 seems to be the clear winner.

That's why I said the industrial design team.

I am not sure the One X will be giving much away performance wise in day to day usage. Actually I bet the Sony won't give much away performance wise in day to day usage.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011

I completly agree, the way they announced it is very cheesy. Human this and human that. Not a bad choice for a phone though.

But I'm sure the phone will be a success, all it needs now is great marketing.

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
S3 is ugly... has no personality.... here is some advice tko samsung...

1. stop using android make your own mobile OS that is as silky smooth at IOS but as feature full as android
2. Get at least 500,000 apps into your own apps tore that you control like apple.
3. STOP COPYING EVERYTHING APPLE DOES!!!!! MAKE YOUR OWN COOL NOW STUFF THAT WORKS WELL AND EASY
4. SPEND MORE ON THE HARDWARE DESIGN AADN QUALITY OF MATERIALS
5. make the galaxy your only phone and make it perfect as possible and only release 1 per year.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Today is maybe not the finest hour for Samsung industrial design team.

Nicer handset.

Nicer handset.

Nicer handset.

HTC and Nokia phones look nice but this design has big disadvantages: non-replaceable battery, no memory card, no possibility for bigger battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.