San Antonio, TX LaCantera Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by tripjammer, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Who is with me in line for a reserve at the San Antonio Lacantera Apple Store on the 24th?

I got a reserve for a 32GB black Iphone 4.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

What time are you gonna show up?

3. macrumors newbie

mine is reserved but i can't show up until about 4pm. will check out line craziness, maybe enjoy some PFChangs or Grimaldi's Pizza, lil orange cup, inappropriately hit on girls, check the lines again, etc.

hopefully everything will be a well oiled machine. i waited from 5am til 6pm for iPhone 1 in 2007 which was awesome but havent been able to do it again since.

others?

4. macrumors regular

I will check it out around 10ish pm and see what the line looks like. I will be there with my fiancé. My reservation got canceled, so I have to make sure I can get one as I already sold the 3GS on eBay. :mad:

5. macrumors 6502

I'll be hitting up the store at 7 AM to quickly pick up my reservation and then head back to work.

6. macrumors newbie

QRSAlpha

Yeah, I'm thinking about that too. Gotta' be at work at 8. Somebody said something about La Cantera security not even letting people park until the shops are officially open. One of the employees there said if I have a reservation not even to bother braving the chaos during the day and to come in after 5. That's comforting. :eek:

7. macrumors regular

I work on Thursday so im gona be there early I work at Dillards so its a short walk.... Im thinking of showing up at like 5am and checking it out...

8. macrumors regular

I will be there. I have to drive to kerrville that morning so I will drive by and pick it up. How crazy will the reserve line be?

9. macrumors newbie

It's probably best to show up early around 4:30 - 5 am. I'm not sure how big this line is around that time but at Northstar it was pretty big around 6 am for the 3GS.

10. macrumors regular

So whats the update, what time are we all goin :D

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey folks! I am thinking of showing up around 6:30 to 7am...I have to go to work also but I will take the morning off. I got the second email saying don't forget my Iphone 4. My sister is in the same boat. She is gonna meet me up at the same time.

Has anybody called the store to verify that the reservation is good?

12. macrumors newbie

QRSAlpha

Yeah, I called last week to verify that they could see my reservation. Also got the email today. Will probably go after work though around 5:30 and (hopefully) the reservation line won't move too slow. . .

13. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool! I will tell you how the line is and if I see any white Iphone 4!

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

What time does the La Cantera parking lot open?

15. macrumors regular

Okay, here's the info I got from one of the Apple guys at the store today. They will have two lines, and they are expecting ALOT of people. I have a reservation and he said to come in whenever. He said the mall is not going to let anyone in till 6 am so everyone will have to wait in the parking lot till then most likely. I am going to show up at 6am. I have a reserve so I should get a phone.

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks ripper998!

6am at the earliest! I might do that get there at 6 to 6:30...

17. macrumors newbie

I also called last Thursday and the person I talked to confirmed that I was indeed on the list. I'm still not sure what time I want to show up. As much as I would like to be there at 6AM, I'm thinking if I hold out a few hours to pick up my reservation I may spend less time in line. I guess the deciding factor will be if I'm wide awake with excitement and anticipation that morning! haha

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome bro! Will see you there at least sometime on thursday!

19. macrumors newbie

Are you able to line up outside the la cantera apple store even though the mall is closed

20. macrumors newbie

QRSAlpha

GAH! 6am. :p My a$$ is going to have go get to bed a little earlier than usual :eek: I will seriously consider it; I'll sleep soundly at my desk later in the day knowing that the iPhone is safe in my pocket. Alternatively, waiting until after work would make the day seem so so very long. . .

21. macrumors regular

Damn I'm only 4 hours away from there. Apple lines sound like so much fun.

22. macrumors newbie

La Cantera line has started! There are already people waiting!!!!!

23. macrumors 6502

This makes me sad. I used to go to UTSA and I could go to the Apple Store whenever I wanted because I was so damn nearby. How people long is the line now?

24. macrumors 6502

When I worked there back in the day for the 3G, we didn't have this reservation stuff so it's different but it's not surprising to have people waiting already. We had a guy wait there at 9 PM when I did the overnight and we had a lot of people out there by 4 AM.

I'm pretty sure there will be a good number of reservations, but when I went to pick up the iPad reservation, I got there an hour early (8 AM) and the reservation line maybe had... uh 30 people? It really wasn't that bad. I think you guys should be safe if you meet up an hour early. I might get there a little earlier, some of my old friends will be there.

25. macrumors newbie

Good luck to those in line at La Cantera and North Star, especially those without reservations. Years ago I would've been all over hanging out and waiting in line for hours, if not days to get my hands on a new smartphone, but I'm too old for it now (lol). I preordered the 32GB (my very first iPhone) via AT&T last week and according to FEDEX this morning should arrive at my front door by 3PM tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me! The only decision I have to make is to whether or not to take tomorrow off, because someone has to be home to sign for the shipment. I'd hate having to drive to FEDEX tomorrow night after work to pick up the package....

Well I guess I now know what I'm going to do. :D