San Bruno fire

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by plinden, Sep 10, 2010.

1. macrumors 68040

plinden

I thought I'd drop by once we got power again. I live in San Bruno, across Sneath Lane from where the fire was, about a quarter of a mile north.

I saw the explosion last night as I came home from work. As I got out of the car, I heard a loud whooshing sound for a couple of seconds (long enough for me to walk from the car door to the sidewalk) then saw the fireball behind and just over the top of a stand of eucalyptus trees. The Crestmoor tract is about 20 feet below Sneath Lane level, and the trees are maybe 30-40 feet high so considering the distance (about 1500 feet), the fireball was likely 100 feet.

This happened at about 6:10 - my wife phoned my cell phone a couple of minutes later and the records show that was at 6:12.

We are all ok - we didn't even get smoke damage. The winds were in the opposite direction. We just had power out all night.

2. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Glad to hear that you are ok. Sounds like it was a very difficult evening for people in the area.

3. macrumors 68020

leomac08

I have been hearing the news from LA, glad your okay!

My prayers go with the fallen and those who have lost there homes:(

I heard it was massive explosion that left a 20X20 feet crater

4. macrumors 68020

R94N

It sounds terrible :(

5. macrumors member

So far the numbers are: 4 dead, and 52 injured. I hope all the injured people make it out alive.