San Diego/La Jolla, CA (UTC)

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by butterfly0fdoom, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Anyone going to be at the UTC Apple Store?

When Apple says 6 PM, they mean local time, right?

2. macrumors regular

Yes, they mean local time. 6 pm PST.

Glennsan

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome. *Yay I don't have class during that time frame :D*

4. macrumors newbie

i miiiiight be going to the apple store in utc, not sure though.

5. macrumors 68000

mc68k

im in, this one is closer to my work than fashion valley. time to add to the free apple tshirt collection :p

how are we gonna know who is MR members?

6. macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

I was probably going to go to the Fashion Valley Apple store. Though UTC does have a better food court. Hmmm... decisions decisions.

7. macrumors 68000

mc68k

i used to get made fun of by pretentious passers by in the fashion valley mall if that helps :p

utc has sbarro, subway, genghis khan, red robin on the other end :)

8. macrumors newbie

dont forget an ice rink!!!

9. macrumors 68000

mc68k

i wonder if you have to buy leopard to get a tshirt, that would really suck ass

10. macrumors member

I would go to UTC, but for me, it's cheaper at the UCSD bookstore ($69). Too bad I won't get a t-shirt. Or will I? It's too bad I still have that $100 iPhone credit. I was going to use it to buy Leopard except that it's cheaper at the bookstore. I'll take advantage of that. But good luck at UTC!

11. macrumors newbie

how is it 69 bucks at the bookstore?

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dunno, man... They might stick to Apple's new education pricing (despite their steep iLife and iWork discount). Besides, not like UTC's THAT far away...

13. macrumors newbie

Education Pricing

You can get education pricing at the Apple Store if you just show them your student ID.

Also, they raised their education pricing from $69 to $116, so now instead of a $60 discount, it's only $13.

Confirm by going to www.apple.com/education click on "Education Store" at the top right and find "your" school. For quick access or if you don't/didn't go to college, type zip code 90089 (USC).

I'll be at the UTC Apple store with a USC visor on and with my (old and expired) school ID. (go trojans!) then i'll be at rubio's in the food court. here is a full list of ALL the food available at UTC mall: http://westfield.com/utc/dining/index.html i don't care what you say, ya can't beat cinnabon!

if you've read this and see me there, please come say hi to me.
    ==

drunk,

Daniel

14. macrumors newbie

you know, its too bad they didn't release this thing on a Tuesday...

Rubio's has a special on Fish Tacos on Tuesday nights!

Hmmm... fish tacos....

Also, do they give the t-shirts to the first people in line, or to the first people who buy Leopard?

I might be there, but my track record is pretty bad at the Apple Store... they have told me things were out of stock and to buy them from the web site.

Will

15. macrumors regular

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

17. macrumors member

I'm in the La Jolla area, but as I used to work at the UCSD bookstore, I'll be getting my copy from there (pre-ordered ftw) the true education price $69.

18. macrumors newbie

I'm preordered at the UCSD bookstore too :) but maybe i could go hang out at UTC just to see the scene, and then pick up my copy from the bookstore a bit later? Doesn't the UCSD bookstore close at like 6 on Friday though? are they going to stay open later next Friday for this?

19. macrumors newbie

20. macrumors newbie

21. macrumors newbie

liverbomb88

I'm sure greenbacks are still legal tender in the Ivory Tower we call UCSD, but don't know how many copies they will have on-hand.

Bookstore said that they won't be getting shipment in until Fri afternoon (having to do with the whole Apple secrecy thing...), so if anything screws up that shipment (like FIRE), we who prepaid are SOL.

22. macrumors 6502

kind of really off topic but i guess this would be a good place to find out info

I'm moving to san diego in january, and I need a place to rent with my max being $1200 in the la jolla area (west of 5 in La Jolla)

anyone want to point me in a good direction/apartment complex?

23. macrumors newbie

I might hit up the UTC or the Mission Valley one. Haven't decided yet..

24. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sure they'll have enough if they're having a release party in Perks.

My friend lives in the Archstone apartment area, where Villa La Jolla (or is it La Jolla Village? I still get confused) and Gilman intersect; he and his roommates pay around $1150 for a 2-bedroom apartment. IIRC.

25. macrumors newbie

first and foremost, i hope everyone is safe in the sd area. secondly, i hope that the shipments of leopard will be ok going to sd >.< its getting kinda hectic in sd right now with all the fires and evacuations.