San Diego People: Are you OK?

Discussion in 'Community' started by G5orbust, Oct 26, 2003.

1. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

In San Diego, there are fires burning out of control everywhere, from Rancho Sanata Fe to Borego. Is everyone ok?

Im fine, but I want to know how everyone in San Diego is doing.

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

All this reminds me of the Oakland Hills Fire.....

3. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

4. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

yeah those are cool. Over where I am, the sun is literally red. Like, if you drew a circle with a red marker or colored pencil, it would look like that.

Damn soot and CO2 is making me have a headache...

by the way, I have pictures of my own, though not a cool as yours (mine I just took 2 minutes ago, so everyones gone). Ill post em if you want them.

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Yeah, if you've some you want to share, go ahead. Show the rest of the MR folks how crazy it is down here...;)

6. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

crap, its about to get hairer over here. The fire reached Mission Gorge Trails and is closing in. I might have to evac soon, though my dad says we wont as the fire is too far away still to force us to.

Where do you live, Rower?

By the way, Ill take as many pictures as I can if I have to evac. (flames, soot, etc.)

Ill keep you all posted.

PS: No school and no work tomorrow for anyone!

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm kiddy corner from Qualcomm, east of I-15 and north of 8, La Mirage apartments. I'm going to step outside in a bit and check out the Mission Trails area...I can see it from the backside of the hill up here.

I haven't heard about SDSU yet, but I assume we'll be off tomorrow, too.

8. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

ahh, I know exactly where you are. Im right near SDSU, so Ill keep you updated if anything happens to this area.

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Yeah, we've got to watch a couple areas right now. It doesn't look like it's going to come straight down I-15 anymore, since they got it stopped in northern Tierrasanta. But out towards you, in the Mission Gorge area is another matter...

I went down our road a ways to look over towards Mission Trails around 7pm. There were a bunch of people by the road looking out that way. They said they had seen flames back around 6-6:30, but nothing anymore.

Hopefully things die down somewhat tonight and the CDF crews have a chance to get an upperhand on all the fronts.

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I know some people in the UTC area (San Diego) who left the area. I don't think they expected fire to suddenly jump the freeway, but they didn't like the air they were breathing. Here in Los Angeles the sky has a thick layer of smoke from the fires north and northeast of us and the colors in the sky at dusk were definitely eerie.

11. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

one of the hot spots the SDFD was talking about is right next to my nieghborhood, so I sure as hell hope I dont have to evac at like 3AM when the Santa Ana winds pick back up...

12. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

**** yeaaa no school for me

whoo

i live in del mar

my friends had to evacuate it
    sucks

i feel guilty

but this is ****ing awesome

i wouldve had like

5 hours of hw tonight

that is all

13. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Where are you getting your info from? I can never get specific enough info from the TV news, and I haven't found much good online either...

Hope that hotspot lays low for you.

14. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

The news conference about 2 or 3 hours ago. Showed the area as an "active hot spot" and that they hope that the winds will lay low, but they expect them to kick back up to full force at around 3 or 4AM and start this whole mess over again.

15. dracoleb macrumors member

I'm up in the Santa Clarita area, it's raining ashes, they say it's hit Pico Canyon and if it jupms the 5 it will be in Valencia. Weird watching the news then going to my backyard and see the news there too.

16. TVGenius macrumors member

If you're looking for info... I'm living at www.signonsandiego.com . We live about 150 miles east in Yuma, AZ, but my family owns a cabin at Mount Laguna (which is east of where the fire is... for the time being). Our skies have trails of brown smoke coming clear from those fires near San Diego.