San Francisco Flagship Store (Stockton Street)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Jill1228, Jun 14, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Jill1228

Who will be there on launch day? :D

2. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

I'll be there before the butt crack of dawn :D

3. macrumors 6502

I'll be there about 3 in the morning, depending on what I see Wednesday night.

4. macrumors member

3am? you're hardcore! i was planning on getting there at 6. i figured, it's either that or the night before. if the stock is low (less than 100?), i think getting there anywhere after midnight will be futile.

so getting there an hour before will make me feel better in case i don't get one - at least i won't waste the whole night. i wouldn't be surprised if people started setting up camps on tuesday just like during previous releases.

5. macrumors 6502

I imagine the Union Street Store (the biggest in San Francisco) will see about 1,000 units. All my speculation, of course. I have one reserved, regardless.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

Since they are the largest store in the area, I'm guessing they will have hella stock. I'm getting there around 5:15. (getting on the first Bart from Dublin/Pleasanton will get me there at 5:01.) And I will need coffee! :)

I have one reserved. I just wanna be back on Bart by 9am because I have a 9:30 appt in Oakland

7. macrumors 6502

You'll see me there, in front of you.... I'll be the guy with the hat.

8. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

4 more days! [​IMG]

I am so ready for my 32gb black iPhone [​IMG]

9. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Did you guys reserved or drop in? What time are you really going to show up?

I reserved and I hope to get there by 6:00 AM.

10. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

I reserved. (my mama didn't raise a fool! She just thinks I am for going downtown so early for a phone) :D DH thought I was crazy to get up in the middle of the night to reserve (he is NOT an Apple guy or an iPhone guy) :rolleyes:
    I'm getting there around 5:15-5:30. (getting on the first Bart from Dublin/Pleasanton will get me there at 5:01.) Will line up after I visit Starbucks for coffee :)

11. macrumors 6502

Can. Not Freakin'. Wait.

Really, I just want it in my hands so I can have this crap done.

I'm hoping to meet my soul mate in line, also. She's gotta be a geek, like me.:rolleyes:

12. macrumors member

Please pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression that if an iPhone 4 was reserved in your name there would be no need to wait in line. I can understand a waiting line for those who did not reserve a phone and are hoping to pick up one of the 100 or so that have been set aside at each store but a line for the reserved phones?

13. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

People who reserved an iPhone and want it immediately are gonna line up I'm guessing. I am because I want to get it, go to my appt in Oakland and then head home to Tracy and beat the traffic on the 580. Get it done and over with!

But that's just me!

14. macrumors newbie

I'll be in the bay area for vacation from Alabama. I can't decide which Apple Store to wait in line at! I really want to be a part of the whole launch day hype but don't want to walk away without an iPhone. I was thinking of getting there at 5 am.

15. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

bumping this up to see who will be either camping out or getting there a couple hours before opening :)

16. macrumors member

I passed by the Apple Store on Stockton this morning, and the line's already started. A guy is camped out with a folded tent, chair, computer and inflatable love seat. For those of you who have to be "first," the guy is apparently renting out his tent.

17. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

No sh*t! Are you serious? I wonder if he has a reservation? :)

18. macrumors member

I waited in line in 2007 for the original iPhone release. Back then, the iPhone went on sale at 5 p.m., but of course the line formed days before. The night before, I walked by around midnight and the line was maybe 30 people long, excluding line cutters (*ahem* like the more than half a dozen Gizmodo crew) who showed up much later. I came back around 3 or 4 in the morning, and the line had grown by maybe another 30 people. By 5 p.m., I think the line snaked all the way up to Stockton and O'Farrell, around the corner down O'Farrell, around the corner again at H&M, and down Powell.

I don't expect to line up this year (I'm waiting for white), but I'm glad Apple is opening their stores early, at 7 a.m., and have taken reservations. It seems as if the demand is up compared with the 3G and 3GS, so I hope Apple is prepared to be able to deal with those who camped out early when they first open, then manage the heavy drop in crowds and reservation pick ups throughout the day.

I know the Stockton store is nearest to BART and will be *the* place for the Apple faithful to be, but I can't help but think that the Chestnut store might be a better place to beat the insane crowds. And I really hope all Bay Area stores are well stocked considering how tech savvy it is.

19. KBP
    macrumors member

Im going to the store on chestnut to camp out now!

20. macrumors member

i really don't get you folks who have reservations and still plan to be there in the wee hours of the day. really?! you already have a unit guaranteed, why not show up there in the early afternoon after the initial craze is over? why would you *want* to be there in line?

21. KBP
    macrumors member

I dont have a reservation. Im hoping to be first and get one without the reservation!

22. macrumors member

right, but folks like Jill1228 and Russiaone do and still want to be there at 5am or earlier. i read the same thing on other stores' threads. :confused:

23. thread starter macrumors member

Jill1228

I have a reservation and will be there between 5-6am. I have an appointment in Oakland that morning. So I'm hoping to get the phone, grab breakfast, take care of a couple things before my appt and head home (I'm in San Joaquin county)

I wanna be out of there and on the Bart by 9 for my acupuncture appt. For once, it'll be wonderful to beat the traffic and be home early--get it over with!

24. macrumors member

Why not make it an early morning, line up for the opening and have your new iPhone in time for work?

25. macrumors demi-god

/dev/toaster

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to reservations. Sure, 95% or more will get it. But who knows, with all the ordering screw ups that happened there is still room for a lot of screw ups. There is a disclaimer on the reservation confirmation email.

I am not sure what time I am going. I have been thinking about getting there are 6:30am, hopefully I can get out of the store early enough that I can make it to work on time :p