Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerd77

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
Northern California / Bay Area
I am from Sacramento and I usually line up at the Apple store in the mall here for launches. But I was thinking of coming to San Francisco for this launch. Do you think the festivites will be any different?
Thanks in advance

Maxx005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I am from Sacramento and I usually line up at the Apple store in the mall here for launches. But I was thinking of coming to San Francisco for this launch. Do you think the festivites will be any different?
Thanks in advance

Couldnt really say since Ive never been to the apple store in Sac!
But considering that San Francisco is a little bit in the epicenter of Applegeekness my guess is that there will be a line filled with all sorts of fun (and some boring) peeps!
Theres some really cool coffeehouses with free wifi where the ones of us who dont want to run straight home (pull the blinds and disappear to the world while playing with our new toy), can go, unpack and boot up together over breakfast afterwards!

Maxx005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sure! I'd love to camp in front of the store - kinda like the other Apple related events in SF like WWDC or MacWorld :D

Awesome, you said earlier that you live pretty close to the store (I presume the Stockton Apple store) and were going to check out the feel for it on friday.
Ive looked around a little and I think either its gonna be nuts (first iphone style) or you and I are going to have a party on our own! ha ha I dont care either way!
:)
My guess is that if we're there around 3am should either put us first in line or atleast in the first 20. Plus the Friday night party crowd should be off the streets!
For awhile I was thinking about scrapping the whole campout idea, but then again, reserves and preorders are between 9am and 3pm so there are going to be lines no matter what! Ive seen a bunch of folks writing here and other forums that they reserved/preordered and expect just to be able to wander right down there and pick it up! There will be lines and the sooner we get there the sooner we'll get the damn thing! lol
Ill shoot you a PM with my phone info etc and we'll talk more during the week!

puppyflightclub

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
california
Heck, come on over! Your lady and the soon to be inlaws can come and pick you up, all caffinated and happy, with a brand new iPad in yer backpack.

youre gonna head out there at 2am? she wont wanna leave stockton at 1am. haaa.

i usually park at the wharf and take the train to market st to get to the apple store.

you guys sound like you will have fun. whats the hype story news in SF right now on the iPad? long lines possibly?

Maxx005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
youre gonna head out there at 2am? she wont wanna leave stockton at 1am. haaa.

i usually park at the wharf and take the train to market st to get to the apple store.

you guys sound like you will have fun. whats the hype story news in SF right now on the iPad? long lines possibly?

Havent heard that much around the campfire, but my guess is as good as any and thats a long friggin line!

aljawad

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Awesome, you said earlier that you live pretty close to the store (I presume the Stockton Apple store) and were going to check out the feel for it on friday.
Ive looked around a little and I think either its gonna be nuts (first iphone style) or you and I are going to have a party on our own! ha ha I dont care either way!
:)
My guess is that if we're there around 3am should either put us first in line or atleast in the first 20. Plus the Friday night party crowd should be off the streets!
For awhile I was thinking about scrapping the whole campout idea, but then again, reserves and preorders are between 9am and 3pm so there are going to be lines no matter what! Ive seen a bunch of folks writing here and other forums that they reserved/preordered and expect just to be able to wander right down there and pick it up! There will be lines and the sooner we get there the sooner we'll get the damn thing! lol
Ill shoot you a PM with my phone info etc and we'll talk more during the week!

CooL! I'll PM you as well with my contact information.

I've made the reservation for the SF store because thats where I'll be on that date, and I usually stay within the vicinity of the Apple store. In previous years and during the Apple iWaiting events, its only a matter of minutes to the store and/or the Moscone center.

In any case, it will be an exciting event among fellow Apple fans and friends, so who would mind the wait and early hour :D

aljawad

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
OK, less than 24 hours to go. Its raining today, but the weather is expected to be drier and a little warmer tomorrow.
I already asked at the store and was told about the two lines for reserves & walk-ins. Although I've been assured I don't need to bring a printout of the acknowledgment email I got from Apple, I'm at least keeping a copy on my iPhone.
No idea on which accessories will be available with the launch - I'm kinda hoping for the case at the very least :-/

aljawad

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Its been a few weeks since I had the pleasure of meeting with so many fellow Apple aficionados on iPad launch day in front of the San Francisco store, especially Max who started this thread!

Many thanks to you, Max, and all those nice folks who were generous with their company on that cold evening, which was eventually concluded with being the first to purchase and use an iPad - in the SF area, at least ;)

Here is a collection of pictures from that night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.