San Jose, Valley Fair Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by stagi, Jun 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

stagi

I waited here last year starting at about 8:00 am and will be there again this year :)

2. macrumors 6502

I am so gonna be there!

3. macrumors regular

I'm there. Shame there isn't an Apple Store at the Apple campus in Cupertino. How cool would that be?

4. macrumors member

i might be there.

i work at valley fair.

5. macrumors member

So if it really launches at 6pm, that means the store will have 3 1/2 hours to deal with the first swarm of iPhone buyers? Seems kinda silly, I hope they're able to stay open later.

6. macrumors member

i think they stayed open till midnight. can stagi or someone who was there last year confirm a closing time?

i would have been there last year, but i went to an AT&T store instead.

7. macrumors 6502a

I might come to the Apple store in Valley Fair. I live closer to the one in Los Gatos, but I'll se..

8. macrumors member

there is

http://www.apple.com/companystore/

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

stagi

last year they were open late, I think until 12. I got there at 8:00 am (just to check the line and wasn't planning on staying, but there was already about 200 people in line and nobody knew how many they had in stock so I hung out)
    I think it took about 1 hour to get to the front of the line. They had about 500 in stock so did sell out that night.

I might try the los gatos store this year which might not have as much of a line, but am not sure yet. Woz was at Valley Fair last year cruising around on his segway with his crew, it was pretty funny.

10. macrumors member

paenguin

yeah been there more than a couple of times.. maybe i should ask this week if they would sell the iPhone on 7/11 but then again they close at 5:30pm weekdays. :(

11. nhw
    macrumors member

we can also wait at the att store next to womens' macy's right?

12. macrumors 601

63dot

i have been to the downsized tourist apple store at the apple hq in cupertino, but there's not much there

there is/was a much better apple dealer right across the street from infinite loop right off the highway

13. macrumors newbie

tmbrwlf

Los Gatos or Bust!!

I'll be in Los Gatos all day!! I am going to hang around the Apple store and twitter what is going on. Should be fun!!

14. macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

very...

very cool.:apple:

15. macrumors 6502

I want to get the phone the first day, what time do you guys recommend for me to be there to get one for sure? Should I got to a ATT or to a Apple store better?

16. macrumors newbie

god bless that ebar for food/coffee so nearby. btw guys, if an apple employee walks by the line should they wave or greet you guys or would you be mad if they pass by quietly?

17. macrumors member

Anyone considering going to Oakridge mall? It's a much smaller store, so I'm assuming they'll have a lower stock. But if it won't be as busy as Valley Fair, I might go there instead.

18. macrumors newbie

Anyone know how the lines will be arranged? How were they last year? Where did they start, etc.

19. macrumors regular

Since Oakridge is 2 miles from my house and generally less insane on any given day than Valley Faire, I'll probably end up at Oakridge IF I decide to ignore common sense and get an iPhone :)

20. macrumors newbie

Wait, so will the store actually be open at 8am or will it not open until 10am like the rest of the mall? :confused:

Has anyone called to find out?

21. macrumors member

paenguin

dropped by last night and they said they'll open at 8AM tomorrow.. see you guys!

22. macrumors 603

How early do the Valley Fair mall doors open? Or will a line form out on the sidewalk?

23. macrumors member

Roughly 30 people at Valley Fair. The doors closest to the Apple Store in the mall are open and we're queued up along the side of the store at the moment.

If anyone is coming, feel free to bring me a coffee.

24. macrumors member

paenguin

how's the queue now?

25. macrumors newbie

Stopped by the Oakridge store at 9am and there were over 300 people in line!