Sandisk flash drive with U3... compatible 10.4.x?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ShovelHead84, Nov 13, 2006.

1. ShovelHead84 macrumors member

i'm getting conflicting info (from websites i don't know whether to trust)... incompatible vs. easy to remove U3 vs. use it and U3 just doesn't work with Macs (you lose some space on the drive that holds the U3 proggies)...

i wanna buy a 1 GB Sandisk Cruzer micro (that may or may not be a U3 device)for $8 on Black friday from Staples...

just wondered what i had to look forward to...

(a belated thank you to all of the members of the Armed Forces active and ex for service to their and my country...)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'll have to remove the U3 autoloader on a Windows machine.

3. matperk macrumors 6502

i have a sandisk 2gb w/ u3 and i don't really want to remove it because some day i might actually have a use for it on windows. The idea in theory is good, i have yet to test out the implementation of it though.

However, it is really annoying to have to eject both a "mounted CD" (the U3 section of the drive), and the actual storage portion of the disk.

4. ShovelHead84 thread starter macrumors member

5. ickystay macrumors regular

I have a 2gig sandisk with u3. The u3 just shows up on the desktop along with the cruzer. I can't get rid of it so I just ignore it. It's 5.4 megs lost. No big deal.

I remember one time I ejected the cruzer but not the u3 and pulled out the drive. My computer scolded me for not properly ejecting.

Maybe I'll get a windows friend to reformat it away.

What is black Friday?

6. ShovelHead84 thread starter macrumors member

ickystay... thanks

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S.

http://bfads.net/adscans/... shows the sales that are in effect Black Friday with links to passwird.com; spoofee.com; techbargains.com...

7. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

yeah saw that site and ads already..great link for those that have not seen it yet