Sansa View.. iPod Video hurry up SJ!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dalvin200, Jan 8, 2007.

1. macrumors 68040

wow.. the new Sansa View sure looks sweet!! SDHC cards as well as 8GB onboard flash memory!!

if jobs dont pull the ipod video out tomorrow, my money is probably going to sandisk :rolleyes:

2. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Looks great for $300. Tempting even if Apple releases something of their own.

B

3. macrumors 68040

iSee

Not too shabby:
    4" screen
    1080i output
    Efficient power usage
    8 GB expandable to 40 GB.
    I'm not sure, but if "Plays for sure" gives it access to a lot of content, then this is a pretty decent contender.

There's plenty of room for apple to beat it though:
    * 8 GB is pretty small for standard def video content and very small for HD content. And are there really 32 GB SD cards around? If so, how much do they cost???
    * UI - if you don't have a good UI and sync system, the rest of it really doesn't matter. An iPod like interface and integration with iTunes is a huge plus for any real contender.
    * Where is this 1080i content coming from? (It may exist, but I don't follow plays-for-sure content providers very closely). If you only have 480p content, it really doesn't matter if you can output at 720i/p 1080i/p.

4. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

All the more reason to realse something like that themselves. Hopefully it will be touch screen. I would expect Apple to feel a little bit pressured from all of the fake photos floating around, people are almost expecting a touchscreen.

5. macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

While Sansa's device is sweet, there's not enough on-device storage to make it worthwhile. [​IMG]

I think if we do see a "true" video iPod it will be something about the size of the Samsung Q1 ultra-portable computer with a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, full touchscreen functions, and either 80 GB or 120 GB hard drive storage. Cheap it won't be, though: I expect the 120 GB version to cost as much as US$499. :eek:

6. macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

That's true, 8Gb is definitely not enough

It would be worth it; at least Steve will make you believe it's a steal ;)