Santa Rosa delayed ???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jaduffy108, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jaduffy108 macrumors 6502a

Oct 12, 2005
  2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Dang. I was hoping that the spiffy tech would trickle down to the cheap end by the time I replace my computer in 6-12 months.

Although in the end, whatever's available will be a nice upgrade from a 1Ghz eMac.
  3. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
  4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    Yes we're all quite aware how ready you are to ditch your still shiny MBP for the next update :rolleyes:
  5. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Jun 14, 2005
    New York, NY
    Sorry but they are using some old information. The past month has shown much more details emerge that are in this report. It sounds like it was made 6 months ago. First of all, there was no mention of P socket. There was no mention of the now official Centrino wireless card. 3G and WiMax will not be included, while they said they didnt know. Robson will ship with 1GB initially. Centrino Pro's requirements are very well known. On top of that, the heat guide is due to be unvieled in march, which means manufacturers will be able to figure out what kind of casing/fan adjustments they need to make. Its set for an April launch. I call 100% BS.

Wiki: Santa Rosa

And on top of that. Penryn is due to hit shelves December at the earliest. That is no where close to September/October.