Sasser, PC & Co.

Discussion in 'Community' started by busy_ermine, May 4, 2004.

1. busy_ermine macrumors newbie

Today is a bad day..
    In university lab, all pc (windows based) have crashed down because they were Sasser worm infected.
    I love my g4 every day.. and getting relax with it .. :)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hehe, same here. The library computer system was entirely shut down, as was the entire computer network shared by residence unless they first verified that you didn't have the virus. I don't know how they did that. Anyway, none of this didn't affect me since my Mac could easily get onto the network. :cool:

I remember some people telling me, "Yes, Macs don't get viruses, but nobody uses them!!" Well guess what biatch, I'm one of the only people on campus right now that gets to use a computer. Can you? Nope. :D

3. busy_ermine thread starter macrumors newbie

we are an elective class..

Hi,

I think that the people you know see you as an extraterrestrial.

I have a G4 at Work, but a ugly Pc at home!! ARGH!!

My university friend has a Power Book G4 17", at the lesson's break we improvise a Cinema Show... It's fantastic. Last time we saw a silly manga cartoon...

Have a nice day

4. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

**yawns** Looks at news.com and sees all those nasty outbreaks**

System Update Server to roll out patches + Norton Antivirus Parent server to roll out defs = One bored system admin. :D

We had the patch rolled out about 2 weeks ago when it was released. No worries here.

**gets back to his web browsing**

5. busy_ermine thread starter macrumors newbie

New sys admin activities

Yesterday and today I saw my sys admin often (=always) at the coffee machine while he is thinking a possibile a solutions (I suppose).
    The coffe is bad so I argue that the possible solutions at the problem is like it.
    Tomorrow, I will check...

6. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

yeah, this virus was a meanie. a number of my friends got it and ended up just wiping their drives and starting over (they needed it already, but this gave them the excuse). it was a big mess here at school, but luckly the campus is about 50% mac (including labs), so things did not come to a standstill or anything.

7. busy_ermine thread starter macrumors newbie

:)

In my faculty (I'm a student in Information science) there are only PC linux based. At the art and philosophy faculty, they have 2 lab with 50 imac, but the room are often empty (Student don't use them because they don't know, they think that mac is useful only for a good room furnishing). Last week, suddenly and "accidentaly" lab were too crowned. I asked to a student what he think about Mac (he never use mac)..he replied: funny but where is the second key on the mouse?