SATA to IDE adaptor on eMac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by LeoTheLion89, Apr 9, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2012
    i need a new DVD Burner drive for my eMac is the one i have is pretty much only good for reading disc and only works at that in the eMac i put it in the eMac to install OS X Tiger as it only had a CD drive and it was the only DVD drive i had i know it didnt work in any computer but i tossed it in the Mac surprisingly it works but it errors on burning and erasing discs so i need a better one anyways this was only a temperary drive in the 1st place problem is IDE DVD Bunders are kinda pricey i can get a SATA DVD Drive for much cheaper than a IDE Drive how well will a SATA DVD burner work with a SATA to IDE Converter and Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Toast Titainium 10
  2. macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2010
  3. macrumors 68000

Jul 1, 2006
    Vancouver Island
    And lack of capitalization, both which are 'free' so I'm surprised Leo is not jumping all over it.
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2011
    That uses a 3.5 inch drive right? They seem to go for $5-$30 on eBay. Not too bad. I would stick with what you're supposed to use. Even OWC has a really nice burner for $33 USD. I don't know what you consider to be reasonable but that seems extremely reasonable to me.
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2012
    for me it would be 15-20 bucks