SATA to USB - Xbox 360 Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by holeburner, Apr 24, 2006.

1. holeburner macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I'm new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong category, I'm sorry. Anyway, I recently bought an Xbox 360, which has a removable HD. 20gb. It is just a normal laptop HD, in a case, connected with a SATA port.
    I've been looking to try to put user-made game mods onto it, from the PC version of the game, Oblivion. Both the 360 and the computer use the same file formats for said mods, so the problem is getting the mods into the right diectory on the HD.
    This brings me to me question - if I buy a SATA to USB adapter, does anyone know if it will be recognised by the computer. I have a G4 Tower, running 10.4.6. Also, will the HD be able to draw power from the computer, through the USB port, or will it need a seperate power source?

Not sure if this was the right place to ask, but all the 360 boards on various sites are filled with stupidity. So if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, that's fine. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have to go now, so I can't answer any queries about my setup or anything. If you could just answer as best you can, that'd be great!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. holeburner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I'm not sure if that will let me modify the contents of the drive, and see all directories, but it's the best solution so far.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Is the drive in a "normal" format (like say FAT32) with a standard partition map? If not then you will need a special filesystem driver to see the contents of the drive.