Savage is now freeware

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

S2Games have decided to make their game Savage free. You can download it from (link removed).

2. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

seems shady to me.. The game is stored on a personal website, and you have to disconnect from the internet to "crack" it..

AND I can't find anything about this on their official site www.s2games.com .. :confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong..

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yikes, you're right! The original link *looked* like it was coming straight from s2games.com, but in reality it's not. Definitely doesn't look right, so I've removed the link and have emailed S2 about it.

4. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Cool.. :cool: The efforts people go through to get people to download illegally can, for some reason, be huge.. Hope they track'em down. :)

5. gamera~ macrumors member

yeah i got the link from ctr-alt-del, they've since updated and removed it but it looks like they still provide one for the windows client...

from the site:
    "They are no longer officially supporting Savage 1, instead focusing their energies on making Savage 2 bigger and better. I have spoken with someone at S2Games and gotten the "ok" for this."

is this an 'ok' for linking to the full game? I'm confused.

6. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

was this ever a popular game it always seemed like a cool idea to me but one that would be hard to pull off. do to peoples inherent inability to work together.

7. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That's where I got it from too.

8. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I thought fred savage was in jail and suddenly got out from this post title. :rolleyes:

9. colinp macrumors member

10. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Yes Savage runs in OSX and it is wonderful imo. Have only played the demo Human vs Human. And people do work together as one player can be the commander and give very good orders to the players who will follow them.

Will miss playing the game when I leave Uni and the dorm's free high speed internet.

11. colinp macrumors member

Ummm, so in order to play Savage you need to download the Linux version or what? Cuz I don't see any OS X info at the website... Or is there a OS X download/info that I'm missing..?

12. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Just because some random site claims that, doesn't make it true. If it was, then S2Games would have said something. Virtual Programming (Mac port) says it's pirate info....

--Eric

13. gamera~ macrumors member

I tend to think Ctrl-Alt-Del is a little more credible than "some random site" but maybe I'm wrong. It seems that S2games doesn't really care (I believe they stopped checking serial #s online), but regardless if Virtual Programming says it's pirate, then the mac port is.

14. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

go to macgamefiles.com and from there you can download Savage - The Battle for Newerth Demo 1.1

15. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

And they didn't reply. Really glad I bothered :rolleyes: