save a folder-specific search?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by elskeptico, Aug 10, 2006.

1. elskeptico macrumors member

elskeptico

I want to save a specific folder location in my "search in" list. When you go to search and press "others" you get this "search in" list where you can add specific locations (including folders). But there is no way (that I know of) to SAVE these. As soon as you're done with that search, it goes away and you have to add it all over again. I want this specific folder location to always be there? How 'bout it Tiger pros? Is it possible?

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

In Finder, go up to File... New Smart Folder. Voila!

3. elskeptico thread starter macrumors member

elskeptico

Is that the only way? That works, but it requires that I enter a name for what I'm searching for, which I don't want to save. I just want to save the specific location. I guess I can live with that. Thanks LeeTom.

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

It doesn't require you to enter a name for what you're searching for.
    To change location, click the Others... button.

5. elskeptico thread starter macrumors member

elskeptico

I got the locations thing, but if I simply add my location (folder), there's no way to save the Smart Folder. I have to enter in something in the search field before it offers me a chance to save the Smart Folder.

6. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

You can set something like "Created After January 01, 1800" and then you can save it without a name. kind of lame, but it works

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

or just make an alias of that folder on your desktop...