Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Ok so in every program ive got i have tried to export items as pdfs eg documents in word, pages, and even safari through the print menu and the message I get is that there is a printing error and i am just wondering what the hell the cause is and what I can do to fix it
please help asap
thanks in advance

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Could you maybe post some screenshots of what it looks like when you get the error messages? I've not had this problem before so I don't know where to begin based on what you've posted so far.

If you go to Safari's print menu, can you do a 'save as pdf' using the dedicated pdf menu at lower left?

picture1mv5.png

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
gauchogolfer said:
Could you maybe post some screenshots of what it looks like when you get the error messages? I've not had this problem before so I don't know where to begin based on what you've posted so far.

If you go to Safari's print menu, can you do a 'save as pdf' using the dedicated pdf menu at lower left?

picture1mv5.png
after taking a good 45secs to load the print window i tried printing and here is the error message
picture1hw1.png

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
elisha cuthbert said:
after taking a good 45secs to load the print window i tried printing and here is the error message *snip*

Hmm. :confused:
If you go into system prefs, and look at printers, can you confirm that you have 'Adobe PDF' as an available printer? If so, you might try deleting it and adding it again from scratch.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
gauchogolfer said:
Hmm. :confused:
If you go into system prefs, and look at printers, can you confirm that you have 'Adobe PDF' as an available printer? If so, you might try deleting it and adding it again from scratch.
ok its not there, (sorry for the n00bish question but) how to i add it again from scratch

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
click on the plus button at the bottom left of the 'printers' box
Then, in the printer browser, choose default browser. PDF should be the top option. You should be able to add it at that point.

Let me know if you have any problems.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
gauchogolfer said:
click on the plus button at the bottom left of the 'printers' box
Then, in the printer browser, choose default browser. PDF should be the top option. You should be able to add it at that point.

Let me know if you have any problems.
its not there, ive just tried to reset the printer system and it deleted my other printer, which is fine cause that one is easy to install, but the Adobe PDF still isnt there

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
elisha cuthbert said:
its not there, ive just tried to reset the printer system and it deleted my other printer, which is fine cause that one is easy to install, but the Adobe PDF still isnt there

Does your application 'Preview' work OK? Can you view pdfs that you've downloaded? I'm wondering if you have a more fundamental pdf problem than just printing.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
gauchogolfer said:
Does your application 'Preview' work OK? Can you view pdfs that you've downloaded? I'm wondering if you have a more fundamental pdf problem than just printing.
yes preview works fine

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I might be missing something here but you don't need the Adobe PDF. Does your screen look like the following with the drop down menu? Also may try resetting safari?

Also click on your preview and then when it opens in preview save it as a pdf.

Nuc

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 54

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Nuc said:
I might be missing something here but you don't need the Adobe PDF. Does your screen look like the following with the drop down menu? Also may try resetting safari?

Also click on your preview and then when it opens in preview save it as a pdf.

Nuc
ok i dont know what i did but it may of been deleting the printer i had installed but now it works
i have no idea what i did but it works :S so thanks for trying to help but problem solved

pfhuntley

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2006
Printing error on Ibook when I try to save or print or preview

I am having a problem that just started today. My Ibook won't let me print, preview or save or save as pdf in textedit. I am at a loss for what to do. I tried restarting and shutting down with no luck. My screen looks just like the one above. Please advise me as I need this for college papers to print and save...

Thank you,
Paulette can email me at pfhuntley@yahoo.com (main email)

pfhuntley

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2006
Nevermind!

It just stated working out of the blue again, I have no idea why either...thanks anyhow!

pfhuntley

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2006
My Ibook Itunes burner

My Ibook Itunes burner will not burn. It gives me the error of- The attempt to burn a disc failed. The device failed to calibrate the laser power for this media.

What does that mean? I previously got this error- Medium write error.

I have no idea why it is not working can anyone please tell me what these errors mean and how to fix them? I tried looking them up and I found nothing. Thank you,

Paulette
pfhuntley@yahoo.com

shawnjooste

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2006
With all the printing problems, have you made sure that all your updates are installed. I know there were a couple of updates recently, and it seemed to fix a couple of things on my PowerBook.

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2006
pfhuntley said:
My Ibook Itunes burner will not burn. It gives me the error of- The attempt to burn a disc failed. The device failed to calibrate the laser power for this media.

What does that mean? I previously got this error- Medium write error.

I have no idea why it is not working can anyone please tell me what these errors mean and how to fix them? I tried looking them up and I found nothing. Thank you,

Paulette
pfhuntley@yahoo.com

This is out of place in this thread, you would probably be better off making a new thread if you want people to notice it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.