save / copy photos- new to mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by old cholo, Feb 10, 2007.

1. old cholo macrumors member

old cholo

noob here. in pc when u want to copy a pic like from a web page u just right click and save to a folder. ok how do u do that in iMac i just got this new mac last week and its fun but i need a little help here thanks.:confused: :confused:

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just drag'n'drop. Or right click* and save to default location**. Or option-right-click*** to save somewhere else**.

* If you have any two- or more button mouse. Use ctrl-click or two-finger click if you have a trackpad, ctrl-click if you have a one-button-mouse.
    ** This is in Safari, e.g. Firefox will let you Save as... on a regular right-click.
    *** Option = Alt

More: Switch 101: On Windows, I used to...

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Same way except right click in Control-Click, but if you have a desktop you can make the Mighty Mouse right click with System Preferences==>Keyboard and Mouse==>Mouse (or you can plug in a 2 button PC mouse of your choice).

And you can do a two fingers on the trackpad click to right click on a notebook, you enable that in System Preferences==>Keyboard and Mouse==>Trackpad.

4. old cholo thread starter macrumors member

old cholo

wow thats easy thanks i like this mac more and more i wish i could get to a class but im gonna read the link u sent :D