save drawing as a video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sbb155, Mar 25, 2007.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

I want to draw onto a wacom tablet and save it as a video for instructional purposes. In other words, I want to save the output of what I am drawing in realtime, so they can see me write, etc.
    How can I do this and how do I get it editable into imovie? I need to know if this is possible!

I am sure there are teachers who do this all the time, but I need to know how. I dont want to save just the final drawing... I want to save the entire process of drawing as a video...

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I think that there is a way to record what is happening on the screen under OS X though I haven't done it. You could open up a program like Photoshop, record the screen while you draw, then save the movie.

It looks like you can use Grab to accomplish what you are looking for. http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2003/02/28/screenshot.html

P-Worm

3. -DH macrumors 65816

4. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Yeah, or something like

iShowU

screenrecord

most of them have a free trial you can download, see which one you like best.

5. seniorstinky macrumors regular

I've seen this used and can vouche for it. I don't have to, however, as it has a free 30 trial! Give it a try.

6. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Well theres a free screen recorder called Copernicus its pretty good.

7. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Copernicus Blows My Mind

Every once in a great while, I stumble on a post that stands out as one of the all time greats. Surely the creator of this little thread deserves credit for his/her ignorance and moreover the courage to ask. But I plead guilty to the same level of ignorance when it comes to a motion capture application that can write to RAM and costs NOTHING. I have SnapzPro and it can't write to RAM. If it could it might be useful. But as it is, it crashes while it's copying due to limited HD resources.

Copernicus is one of those rare free applications that is designed so elequently, you wonder why it's free. Thank you DJ Star Rock. You're a genius for knowing it's out there. And I feel like an idiot for not knowing until now. :eek: :)