Save Farscape

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacBandit, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I don't know if any of you have watched or know of the Sci-Fi channel show called, "Farscape". If you haven't all I can say is you're missing the greatest Sci-Fi/Space Fiction show ever.

To my and a great deal of other people's dismay the Sci-Fi channel is backing out of there contract and canceling this series. If you or anyone else feel as bad about this as I do please sign the petition to Save Farscape and send letters requesting it's continuation. You can find all you need to help save, Farscape at the following address.

http://farscape.wdsection.com/

2. vniow macrumors G4

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Nooo! That show is made in Australia! You'll put us all out of work if you scrap it, Sci Fi Channel! Nooo! ;)

4. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

I'm not trying to spam the board just simply trying to save this show. I'm sorry if I'm going against the grain here but I'm really upset by this and I'm doing everything I can do. Last time I created a thread I didn't receive much response so I'm getting in peoples faces so I can't be ignored. Yes I know I'm stirring the waters but this is that important to me. My desk is cluttered right now with envelopes and letters and postcards and everything you can imagine ready to be sent off to the people responsible for canceling the show. I hope everyone can forgive me.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

6. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

Think what you want. Spam in my oppinion happens when someone puts up dozens of generic posts and then never replies to them when someone comments on them. I have replied and explained myself for everyone and am still willing to take questions and will continue to reply.

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

>Spam in my oppinion happens when someone puts up dozens of generic posts and then never replies to them when someone comments on them. I have replied and explained myself for everyone and am still willing to take questions and will continue to reply.

Is that your final answer? :rolleyes:

Bandit, spam comes in three fashions [four if you are a complete turd :rolleyes:]: Comical spam, which occured a lot in the avatar thread, short/useless one-liners, and just plain annoying repetitive cr*p over and over again.

Now I know you feel strongly about something, but it doesn't mean everyone else does. What you are doing isn't far off from the plain old ordinary advertising scheme everyone thinks works; you repeat the same thing over and over again, trying to get people on your side, when most people are sick and tired of it.

I strongly recommend, from now on, instead of putting a whole advertising scheme whenever you feel it's necessary, but rather:
    A: w/o making it blatant, put it in your sig and don't mention it again, or
    B: make one thread about it.

In this case, I'm not sure what would work best. :rolleyes: But, from now on, if anything else comes along and you strongly support it, put it in your sig and leave it at that.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.