Save Files From Email To Your iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Daiden, Nov 26, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Is this possible? Say I get a picture from a friend through my e-mail. Do any 3rd party applications offer the option to allow me to save this picture (or whatever file) somewhere on my iPhone?

I've been out of the loop for awhile, not sure if this is possible yet (or already possible?). Would be awesome if it was since MobileFinder can e-mail any file you have on your phone to someone else... Just makes syncing with my Mac one less step to worry about.
  2. macrumors member

Oct 11, 2007
    There's a program in installer called iShare that you can upload and download any file. The only caveat is that you have to register and use

Small price to pay (FREE) for being able to actually download files to the iPhone/iPod touch directly! :D
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2009
    Any new information on saving files such as word docs and excel spread sheets to the iphone? As of now I just email everything to myself and access them from email. Saving it to the phone would be much easier.

4. macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2010
    Berlin, Germany
    You guys are in a hacks sections so i can suppose you are jailbroken. Anyways download Safari download manager, that should do everything you want. Along with iFile to view the files you saved at anytime. Its the best combination to date that I know of.

5. macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2009
    Yeah thats my bad... I'm not jail broken. I searched this thread instead of making a new one and I didnt notice that I was in the hacks section.

Any way to do it if i'm not JB?

6. macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2007
    If you have picture attachment, you can hold down on the picture to save to camera roll. For office docs you can use GoodReader. You hold down on the doc attachment and open with GoodReader and it should be saved and opened with GoodReader.