save iTunes music videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TyWahn, Oct 19, 2004.

1. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

A few monts ago, MacAddict featured an app. that allowed you to save iTunes music videos ... anybodyknow what that was?
    Thanks..

2. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I have never heard of that... What issue was that, I have almost all of them so I can just look it up... If you don't know, was there a picture on the cover?...

3. flipflash77 macrumors newbie

The program you're looking for is called iTMS Extractor. You can still find it on macupdate at http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14869. It works pretty well, though in my experiences it has a tendancy to crash after saving a video to disk (so I have to relaunch it after every video instead of just being able to load what's currently in iTunes). Otherwise it works as advertised.

Windows users can just save them from inside iTunes (though that might just be if you have QuickTime Player Pro).

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

Save this to a file in ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts

relaunch itunes and after you watch a music video, goto the scripts menu and click "the name of the script file" and a dialog should pop up... works fine for me here with 4.6 on panther 10.3.5

Code:
    set originalFile to do shell script "lsof |grep -i QTP| grep iTunes|head -1|awk '{ print $9 }'"
    if length of originalFile is greater than 0 then
    	set newFile to POSIX path of (choose file name with prompt "Save movie as:" default name "iTunes Video.mov")
    	if length of newFile is greater than 0 then
    		if newFile does not end with ".mov" then set newFile to newFile & ".mov"
    		do shell script "cp -v '" & originalFile & "' '" & newFile & "'"
    	end if
    else
    	display dialog "No movie found." buttons {"OK"} default button "OK"
    end if

5. TheMac19 macrumors regular

TheMac19

PERFECT

Thank you so much, that bit of script is priceless. works perfectly, even with itunes 4.7 Many, many thanks...

6. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Gee thanks guys...now I've spent the last hour getting music videos... :rolleyes:

7. TheMac19 macrumors regular

TheMac19

similar script for music?

Is there any similar script to save music that is shared through itunes? I know that there is software out there, but it doesn't jive with iTunes 4.7 yet I'm told...