Save me during finals!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, May 2, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Well, I'm almost 50% of the way to being a lawyer. I take my last law school final tomorrow night, and am just putting the finishing touches on my outline. Then, I can review, reorganize, and relax.

But, I have about 15-20 minutes to go. My wife is out of jokes. I need something to keep me sane. Too much ERISA and HIPAA and Medicare...please help. Even the smallest jokes, stories, and comments are accepted. However, if you can contribute a truly funny story, you become a member of our Founders Circle, where we honor our most beloved patrons.

2. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

So this old hillbilly couple sends their son to college. Four years pass, and the boy comes home after graduation. Dad is quite proud, and he asks his son to tell the family some of that "school stuff" he learned.

the son says, "well dad, Pi R squared"

the father looks at his son, shakes his head and gets up from the table.

A minute passes, and mom goes in the kitchen to see what was wrong. He says to his wife, "we spent all that darn money, and that kid comes back with that? Everyone knows pie are round!"

[​IMG]

3. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

No. UMB. The school that thinks it's better but really isn't. But, you didn't hear that from me. Ask Sandy O'Connor who she likes better after she's done speaking at their graduation.:rolleyes:

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

What do you call 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the Grand Canyon?

A good start.

I keed, I keed; my wife has one more exam before she finishes up with being a 2L and I will be a 1L in the fall! :eek:

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, University of Maryland Baltimore, right?

6. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Yeah. I don't know if you are coming up tomorrow or have been up here already, but I don't have my final until the evening, and tomorrow is the last day that the Volvo boats will be at the Harbor. I guess they head to Annapolis on Thursday? I'll be there with my little rinky-dink camera during lunch. Federal Hill and the Constellation make good backdrops.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

UMB hmm lets see

(hope you don't take UMBrage)

Un Mitigated Boredom (surely not)

University of Many Brothels? (shhh don't let F in on that little secret)

Under Many Barstools? Or Upstanding Moral Bearing? (Which is it?)

U Might B a Lawyer soon?

8. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

A-ha! So that's what his late night "class" is all about! :eek:

Should've known being as how the school is so close to the red light district and all.... :rolleyes:

9. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

For this law school (and from what I hear from friends in the industry, most law schools), Under Many Barstools might be right. Now, if only I didn't detest the school so much. Although, I have noticed that now that I don't care what happens to the school, I hate it as much as before

10. iGary Guest

iGary

I'm alumni, but not law. :D

Unfortunately my day is full tomorrow, but I am meeting the fleet off Annapolis Thursday, hopefully. Good luck with all your testing. :D

11. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I have finals next week.

But well science isn't interesting to me anymore except quantum physics. Biology is just boring. Don't know what i want to do anymore really.

12. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

I've got a great joke!

So my employer privately funds my health insurance, and covers all risk out of his own pocket. Is my insurance plan governed by state law, or does ERISA preempt?

Next! I have a debilitating case of gangrene. My sister inquires with my physician about my condition. Does HIPAA prevent the physician from disclosing information about my gangrene to my sister?

Ok! So now I'm a Medicare recipient. I've applied for an experimental leg surgery that has not yet been performed. Medicare has rejected my claim for (potential) reimbursement. Do I have a claim in federal court?

13. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

UT Knoxville, right? I'm on the waiting list. :(

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

damn man, I've got my *first* law school exam of the semester tomorrow and you're going to be done... I've got 2 more weeks of hell coming! :eek:

15. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

I'm thinking about all the schools up here UMB...I can't think of which program you graduated from. I'm going to go with Pharmacy.

16. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I tried...
    "Where did George Washington put his armies?"
    Answer:
    "In his sleevies!"

AND

"Why are there fences around grave yards?"
    Answer:
    "Because everyone's dying to get in."

But that wasn't good enough for the hubby. :D

17. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Too low brow?

18. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Preempts, Yes, and No.

Preempts because the plan is a ER is not engaged in the business of insurance.
    Without your consent your information cannot be passed to her. Of course, it is possible that you have given her power of attorney or otherwise consented to having the information given. Additionally, Terrasoft does not apply since there is no immediate threat to her.
    Medicare covers approved medical treatments. Because the treatment is not an established course of treatment, they do not have to cover it.

Even worse is I formulated my answer without even looking at my outline. If I looked at it, I may have been more accurate.
    EDIT: I didn't notice your joke until after my response to Gary's comment