save the ipod!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by howard, Jul 7, 2004.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

many of you may have heard of the induce act, i was reading in the paper about it today. I can hardly believe how ridiculous it sounds. In a very small nutshell it makes companies media software and hardware, liable, if they could be used with illegal downloads. That means the ipod. Check out this site for more information.

www.savetheipod.com

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

ANY computer can potentially play an mp3 and/or be used for illegal downloads.
    will produce/own/sell computers be illegal?

3. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

there is no more freedom in the world it seems :mad:

f**k them and their stupid law!!!

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

while i won't say that the law won't get passed, it will never be enforced. legislators don't do their jobs anymore (passing constitutionally sound laws), period, but you can bet your ass a court somewhere will take this law right back off the books, for the sake of constitutionality. So, there's really no chance of the law being enforced, ever.

paul

6. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    we obviously need to have utah vote out orin hatch (or however you spell the moron's name)

7. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I don't understand this, considering Apple even puts that sticker on their iPods saying "don't steal music" seriously, what are they thinking! Any hard drive could store illegal music, grrr...Seeing this stuff is annoying.

8. sonyrules macrumors regular

This is another no brainer idea that the RIAA is trying to pass, I dont think our feds are going to pass it (although they have done stupider things)It would cause so many problems. Not to mention make alot of people pissed off...

9. iBook macrumors regular

It seems to me that the iPod is a "restricted" device, as is the iTunes software. Apple has contractual agreements with the individual recording labels. Artists are compensated for their work, as are the labels, and Apple does its legal best to stop pirating. The DRM safeguards are real.