Save these apps before upgrading to Panther..

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by TigerPRO, Oct 28, 2003.

1. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

Mar 27, 2003
    When I upgraded to Panther, I was surprised to find some applications missing! I'm talking about system bundled programs, more specifically "CPU Monitor" and "Clock".

These programs are actually still in Panther, they just may not be where you would like them. The clock app is no longer a separate application, you have to enable it the system preferences; and you are forced to have either the menu-bar clock or the floating clock running (not both). If your like me, this would be highly disappointing (I use both).

CPU Monitor is also still there, but you have to get to it through a huge program called "Activity Monitor". So if you like the simplicity of a standalone CPU monitor program, save is before upgrading to Panther.

One more program you should save is "Calculator". Yes it's still there, but it looks ugly now; and the ticker tape is not a sleek drawer any more, but an annoying palette.
  2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    If you do an archive and install (which i highly recommend) it saves all these applications in /Previous Systems/Previous System 1/Applications/

That way you can simply move them from there to the new Apps folder and not lose anything.
  3. coumerelli macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2003
    state of confusion.
    and what about disk copy? The only one I have now is in my os9 folder! Does anyone know where it could be? or if you have it...could I bother you for a copy? pm me, please... :D
  4. StrongGlad macrumors member

Jun 22, 2003
    The functionality of Disk Copy has apparently been rolled into Disk Utility. I didn't do a thorough investigation, but the addition of "burn" and "new image" buttons to the Disk Utility toolbar seems to point in that direction. All in all, probably a wise move -- more than once under Jaguar I launched one of these apps when I meant to launch the other.
  5. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    Don't forget Key Caps.

It is not in the internation pref pane, hidden in an option and a menu item. Its just easier to launch an app.
  6. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

May 4, 2002
    Go Vegan
    silly apple, when will they learn, DON'T TOUCH OUR APPS!! lol I always clicked Disc Copy when I needed Disk Utility and visa versa