saving .mov file. where does Panther keep temp Safari files?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by cb911, Nov 7, 2003.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've posted a thread about this before, but this time i really can't right click to save as QT movie...

i'm viewing the .mov files from http://www.softimage.com/community/xsi/video_gallery/body_copy(3).asp. you can' right click on the window.

so where does Panther keep the temp internet files? in Win XP i used to just go to the IE temp items folder and dig out the stuff that i wanted, but i can't find a folder like this in Panther.

there is a way you can save the .mov files from the iTMS, so i'm guessing there has to be a way to save a .mov file that has just loaded in Safari?

can anyone help me out?:confused:

2. scan300 macrumors 6502

/user/yourname/Library/Caches/Safari/

but the cache files seem to be useless on their own.

The functionality of downloading movies by control(right) clicking on them is only available in Quicktime Pro. (You have to pay for this) You can however right click on a movie link and select 'download link to disk' to be able to save a movie file to your disk.

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

but on that page that i link to you can't even right click and select 'download link to disk'.

i've got QT Pro as well, and i still can right click on any of the windows that pop up from that page.

isn't there a way to search for the right file? like to get the movies from the iTMS you search for visiblilty - all, date created - today, and name contains - QTplugintemp.

does anyone know what search parameters you could use to find the temp .mov file from Safari?

someone before mentioned that it might only be possible with another browser, but i'd rather just keep using Safari...

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

5. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

Here is how I save files that launch with scripts.

1: In Safari go to Window/Activity/

2: Navigate through the list of directories that are currently active.

3: Locate the file you are looking for and copy the URL. Now paste it into your browser. Actual Example from that site. Like 51 MBs.

4: After the entire movie loads, save it where ever you want.

6. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

j33pd0g, thanks for that. it works. :D

i already knew about the iTMS one. that's pretty handy to know. ;)

my problem is solved!! yay!! :D

7. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Even if you have Quicktime Pro (6, I presume), you have to wait until the video fully loads before you can select 'Save as Quicktime Movie'.

irmongoose