Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I agreed with your original post, but to complain that the iPhone doesn't do everything that's possible in the world is a bit much. Name me a single electronic device where the designer doesn't tell you what you "can and can not do" with it. That's an imaginary product.

Complaining that Apple doesn't make an imaginary product is a bit much.

Very Good point.... I really wasnt complaining as bad as I made it. I think the iPhone is by far one of the most superior devices offered.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well yeah basically.
There is an attachment saver and gremlin or pwntunes. Combine both and u can get songs directly in iPod library :)

Thats awesome! I'll check it out.....Thanks Abs!!!

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I don't think it's a very hard implementation.

Simple reason that comes to mind is that apple doesn't want people pushing media from everywhere and puts pc sync as a good inconvenience as an added deterrence. Same with Bluetooth file share. They just want people bound to their ecosystem for everything.

Good choice for apple but let's not say it fits all. I for one was heavily disappointed switching from a e71 to iPhone 3GS knowing I can sync to one library at a time, that I can't share stuff with others through Bluetooth and media is sync dependent. All simple things. I remember asking my friend once why is she asking me if I have iTunes installed on my pc and she said "I need to sync some songs to my iPod nano." followed by "oh i forgot i cant sync because I already got five libraries authorized on other machines." I was appalled. Can't wait for the Evo 3D to drop at Rogers. Enough is enough.

Anyways the workaround I use is pwntunes. You download to the "my music" folder or drag and drop your songs to it through pc, then open settings app, flick the "needs sync" switch to on and open iPod app. It will then automatically sync all music in that folder. Pretty neat.

Having ifile on your device will also help immensely to move around the files.

The full path of the folder is "\var\mobile\media\my music".

Don't know anything about gremlin.

RockzillaX

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
Do you people read???

Wow I registered because I am on the same situation as the OP. I am also a musician trying to download some of my tunes from multiply because its closing and my pc is in the shop.. So I need to save my mp3s to my phone. I got a 32gig iPhone 5 for reasons like this.. I had a Gallaxy S3 before this bit gave it to my GF.. And guess what I can't!! And frankly I'm surprised the OP didn't get pissed at the stupid replies he got.. Did any of you actually read his posts?? Some of you obviously didn't.. It's very easy to understand and I also have to say shame on Apple for this kind of major shortcoming!! It is a basic ability on any Android!! My iPhone is a piece of ****! I'd sell it on a heartbeat so if anyone wants one contact me!!

Last edited:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Bottom line: with the iPhone you CANNOT put music directly into your phone WITHOUT going through a PC. There maybe a way but that will be in the jailbreak territory.

Yes, yes the other phones u can, but not iPhone.

Case closed.

RockzillaX

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
I am very well aware of that!!! I only posted because I choose to support the OP and could not believe how many people that posted their ignorant Apple fanboy nonsense in utter ignorance! I very much am aware there is no way to save tunes to an iPhone without a pc or Mac! For $600 an iPhone in Australia that in my opinion is simply not good enough! Hence why I said if anyone wants to buy a 2 week old 32gig iPhone 5 mine is for sale.. I hate my phone!

RockzillaX

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
iPhone and being a musician

Thanks for the information I will look into it! :)

Regardless it is unfair that Apple make phones for music buyers and not music makers.. Although my bands cd is on iTunes this is unhrelpful for my demos and the like.. I wish I had known of this lack of compatibility before buying my phone. I don't want have to stuff around with jailbreak as I have far better things to do. I will however buy another phone as soon as I can afford too. Either s HTC One or a S4 Gallaxy.. I won't make this mistake again I assure you.

Last edited:

jkauff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I don't use the stock music player on my iPhone 5 for several reasons, particularly lack of access to the file system. For 99 cents you can download an app called Capriccio which sounds better than the stock app, lets you organize your music into folders, plays FLAC files, and yes, allows you to download music from web sites.

I also use a Windows app called DiskAid that gives me access to all my apps' file systems, and lets me drag and drop music into them. No iTunes needed.

For mp3 email attachments, press on the attachment and you'll have an option to open in Capriccio. It goes in the Capriccio Inbox folder, and you can move it from there to wherever you want it.

Guzz Nizz

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2015
Hi All,
I know there is many many Apps that let you download Mp3 files but I cant seem to find one that will let you "Save an emailed MP3 attachment DIRECTLY to the music library on my iPhone". Make sence? I DO NOT want to save the music within a "App". That defeats what I am trying to do.... I am trying to keep all my music in one place. I just want to "click" on my Ipod icon on my iPhone and boom....All my music.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.
Clmacx
I´ve founded an app that do the job smoothly. it´s called DESCARGAS (it´s in spanish) but i´ve opened the mail with mp3 and it appears the option to open them with the app!! beleieve it or not

Guzz Nizz

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2015
I´ve founded an app that do the job smoothly. it´s called DESCARGAS (it´s in spanish) but i´ve opened the mail with mp3 and it appears the option to open them with the app!! beleieve it or not
i´m sorry, this app download the mp3 within the app

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
Upload your MP3 files to Dropbox or some online storage facility. Use a music app that can access these online storage facilities to play your music... You should be able to save MP3 files from an email too, but I don't do this stuff so...

On 2nd thought... If you use Google or Amazon to store your music, they have apps for playing that music on iOS. Just copy your MP3s there and you're good to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.