saving music and movies on 360 hard drive possible?

Discussion in 'Games' started by stagecustom, Nov 8, 2006.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

is it possible to say, save a burned dvd's contents into the hard drive of a 360, so say i have some mpeg (quicktime) movies or episodes i want on my 360 hard drive can i just burn them within OSX (i have toast, but i don't mean to burn a dvd playable disk) i am wanting to know if i can just burn them as data and save them to the drive, same goes for music, i believe the new update has something like this but im not sure. ALSO PLEASE TELL ME: it is possible to transfer game saves and data from a 360 memory card to the hard drive, i just bought the hard drive and im in late november of my NHL dynasty and to start over would be crap, same goes for PGR3. also are all my settings like network etc. saved on the memory card in a place i can't access or will they still be there when i get rid of my memory card and keep the hard drive i just ordered.?
    LAST thing, i have asked this before and still haven't figured it out. CONNECT 360, how do i get it working. i had it working before when i first got it. i have reinstalled it. and nothing. i am using internet sharing flawlessly through my mac mini. I had it working before through ethernet (connect 360 seamlessly)

Thanks guys. you ppl really know your stuff on here.

2. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

yes but it may not be the best quality. You will need to convert what ever format you have your movie file in to a wmv file. The recent 360 update allows the playback of wmv files from usb ports, CD DVD disks and i believe even the hard drive of the 360.

I have not tried this yet but someone recommended windows movie maker that comes with XP for the conversion. hope this helps.:D

3. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

okay so i can't use handbrake to rip the movie at a high(ish) quality? it has to be converted into wma, so even from an external the 360 can only play wma video files? theres a download for the AAC ipod playback is there not one for quicktime videos? also if i did convert them to wma how would i get them onto the 360 hard drive?

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

ALSO if i want music on the xbox 360 hard drive i have to burn cd's correct? well can't i burn a dvd with a bunch of music on it and then rip it to the 360?