saving Quicktime streams

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by vniow, May 20, 2003.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Is there any way to download Quicktime streams as files?

I'm trying to view some music videos online but since they're huge and I've got dial-up, it would be much more convienent to download the actual movie overnight or something, I've tried getting the actual URL for the stream but it gives me a little file instead of the whole movie, is this even possible?

Thanx,

-V

2. Pancake macrumors regular

Pancake

If you have Quicktime Pro you can save a stream as a .mov file after it has completely loaded. Other than that, I don't know.

3. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Thanx, but I keep on getting some sort of error, probably because of my slow connection....

I'd try it but I can't even seem to get one frame loaded, much less the entire movie...

Any other suggestions anyone?

4. Pancake macrumors regular

Pancake

5. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

This one.

Trying to get the broadband version since it would likely be an overnight download but I can't even seem to load the dial-up one...[​IMG]

6. Pancake macrumors regular

Pancake

Do you have the latest version of Quicktime? If you don't that could be the reason you can't view the video.

I loaded the video fine but can't download it. If I right-click on it and choose "Save As Quicktime Movie" it saves an 8k file that still needs to stream the video.

You could try one of those programs than make a video of whatever is on you monitor. Like http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

In the end, I think your 56k connection is going to make this near to impossible.

I'm out of ideas.