Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Is there a way to save the sequence settings in FCP 6 so i don't always have to change them or when i drag a clip and it doesn't match click yes to change them?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Are you creating custom sequence settings? To change to anyone of Apple's presets just hit command+0, hit the "load sequence preset" button and pick the right setup. It's best to do this before you have any media in the timeline.

Lethal

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I cut highlights for sports so my workflow is i create a new project and then find a clip that's good, drag it to the timeline then it asks me do you want the sequence to match the media. i click yes.. after a few clilps i then move to the next game or interview and make a new sequence and i have to do the same steps is really annoying. Can't it just be the default setting? :confused:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
have you chosen an easy setup? once you do that, those settings will be the default.

i could do that, it would just be easier if i could make it a default so i can just start a new project and it will all be set up for me :/

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
i'll say it again... when you load an easy setup, it becomes the default...

creating new projects, will keep those same defaults...

load an easy setup ONCE and it will stick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.