Saving wi-fi settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EastHollow, Feb 24, 2007.

1. EastHollow macrumors newbie

I have a WPA2-protected wi-fi network in my house. I'm using OS X 10.4.8 and Airport to connect. Is there any way to tell AirPort to save and automatically connect to my default network. It seems since my wi-fi is set not to broadcast and since it's WPA2 encrypted, even though in System Prefs > Network, I have it saved as a preferred network and tell it to automatically connect to preferred networks, it won't do it, and I have to manually click the Airport menu, select Other, and enter the network name, select the encryption type, and enter my password each time. I'd rather if it could be saved on my MacBook and I could just click an icon to connect. Is this something that I can script, or is there a better way?

Much thanks in advance.

2. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

I have the same problem. I'm using a 3rd party Wireless USB Adaptor by a company called Sitecom.

Everything works fine but I have to manually connect to my wireless network and enter my WEP key every time I turn on.

3. nermal0 macrumors regular

Same problem here on a MBP C2D connecting to a Linksys WRT54GX4. Everytime I reboot or wake up the MBP, I need to manually select the wireless network and enter my WPA key. I tried WPA, WPA2 with TKIP and AES.

This is the only really annoying thing about my MBP and I'd love to see a fix!

4. nermal0 macrumors regular

I tried everything I could think of - fix permissions, SMC reset, different user account, repairing keychain, using location profiles, flashed the router - still it asks me for the WPA key every single time.

Has anyone seen something similar or has a fix?