Saw this on BBC website and nearly died laughing!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBoobsPro, Apr 6, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

This was a response to the question 'Is Windows on a Mac good or bad?'

"Added: Wednesday, 5 April, 2006, 20:34 GMT 21:34 UK
    i think its a good idea but i won't have an apple because the mice are difficult to use"

2. odedia macrumors 6502a

To be fair, he does have a point. Apple mice suck :) I switched to the logitech MX1000 and it rocks with my iMac. 2 Bad it doesn't look good with all that white.

Oded S.

3. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

I guess 1-button is too difficult for some.

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I saw that myself earlier. My thought was simply "buy another mouse". :rolleyes:

It is when you're not used to having to press Control for a right click.

5. calculus Guest

calculus

Apparently when you load one of these horrible windows programme things on your Mac extra buttons just appear on your mouse.

6. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

people will ALWAYS find an excuse not to switch

7. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I read this too. Found it hard to believe how misguided some people are.

8. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

9. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

When I finally got my first mac a couple of years back, many of my colleagues all said the same thing...they loved the simplicity and design, but couldn't deal with the one button mouse.

I can't really blame them! My childhood was also filled with bad memories from apple...the one button mouse that was literally shaped like a box and especially the Classic mac OS...it just wasn't for me. At that time you couldn't just go out and purchase a two button mouse...well times have certainly changed.

Using a one button mouse is difficult for many, you lose a lot of productivity and a ctrl + click is just not natural for many coming from a windows environment. I still find it annoying to do so on my powerbook, thank goodness for Sidetrack. :)

10. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

How does sidetrack change ctrl-click on a trackpad?

- anyways, I find a single button to be far superior on a laptop/trackpad, but I definitely prefer a two button+ mouse

11. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

"Dammit! I'm not going to buy that incredible car because the replaceable shifter knob comes from the factory in silver!"

12. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

:eek:
    Lets hope this was all a joke, otherwise we are in trouble.

13. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Sidetrack has an option to map a right click (or any other button) onto any corner of the trackpad.

14. dr_lha macrumors 68000

This is the general public we're talking about. The idea that Macs are incompatible is so drummed into them, the probably don't realise any USB mouse will work fine with a Mac.

15. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Just a few months ago my roommate said to me that he couldn't use a mac primarily because he couldn't get along with a one-button mouse. I looked at him blankly and pointed out that I have a two button mouse. The fact that two-button mice workd on macs was news to him. :eek: This might be a more common misconception than we would think

16. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I seriously think apple should start shipping with 2 button mouse. I know u can buy seperate USB. But not many people are aware of it. Especially potential switchers. My brother in law is studying in states. When I came to know he had a chance to use Macs in his University I asked him if he liked the experience. He said "very user UNFRIENDLY". Surprised, I asked him how come. Well he couldnt just bear with a one button mouse. And yes, a 2 button mouse for Macs was News for him. But the damage was done. He had already bought a dell notebook with crappy windows.

17. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

They already have. Their flagship mouse is the Mighty Mouse. I seriously want one of these.

18. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

well i prefer the one button on a ibook but when at home i use twobutton mouses.

seriously the idea of incompatiblity and one button mouses it so drummed into peoples heads, apple needs to show there hardware isnt like that

19. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Sadly, some people are just morons. ;)

20. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

To be fair, Macs really used to be incompatible with everything. The modem, mouse, printer, video and network ports were specific to Apple.

Of course, to still believe that it means you haven't look at a Mac in about 10 years...

21. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

I thought that the mighty mouse had a right click

22. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Or, as one poster pointed out, needing two hands to make a right-click, and holding onto a terribly-shapen unergonomic thing, is too difficult.

I can't say I'd disagree.