Sawtooth Logic Board in Quicksilver case

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by kildraik, Jul 24, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

kildraik

Will it work? Will the baord just go in with no problems, simply, and are they compatible? (I don't see why not, but i need some other opinions, maybe somebody has done it?)

2. macrumors 6502

gman71882

The Logic Board would probably fit size wise...but
    I dont think the screw holes would line up to secure the board to the Side wall.
    You would have to fashion some other means of securing the Logic Board to the Casing.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

kildraik

Well, I know that the Sawtooth board is 20 pin, but the Quicksilver is a 22pin connection to the case. Would most of the pins line up to make a secure fit? A digram would be nice...

4. macrumors 6502

Well, I'm not sure, apple service manuals might help you.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Apple_23.html

has quite a collection. Although i doubt that it will give you detailed information about where the holes are in either cases, you might be able to make a comparison.

goodluck!

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

kildraik

Thank you! I wil look them over. Let me give you guys the reson why I want them, but you may already know.

I want a G4 tower, SUPER cheap, but I love the looks of the Quicksilver. I found a case on eBay cheap, and I can get a Sawtooth cheap, so I wanted to buy the Sawtooth and the Quicksilver case, gut the Sawtooth, and use the Quicksilver case. I thought it would be fun, and it would be my first mod, so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks again!:D

-Will