Sawtooth Powermac G4 450nhz takes ADC display?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by California, Oct 28, 2006.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

Do you guys know if an old Sawtooth Powermac G4 has a plug for an older 15" plastic flat ADC Studio Display? Not the older display with the round plastic stand, the type with the flat plastic sides, from about year 2000-2003.

Thanks. Unsure of how they plug into those older machines. Also, is that machine worth anything functionally? I need a machine that will boot both OS9 and 10 for a beginniner.

2. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

perfect machine for beginners (or anyone who wants a low-cost workhorse), provided they are not expecting a blazing speed demon. With the exception of running apps like Final Cut Pro, Motion and Apeture, those old macs are STILL perfectly viable machines for every other everyday use. Mine still gets on average of 12+hrs/day of heavy duty Photoshop use, plus surfin, email, messaging, cd burning and whatever else I throw at it.......NOTTA/never a problemo :eek:

4. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

The original AGP graphics G4s do not support ADC. This is at the logic board level, so adding a graphics card with an ADC connector will not help.

This is a fine machine to learn on. It will run OS 9 and 10.2 very well. My G4 had a 400MHz processor at first, and I found it to be horribly slow with panther and tiger. A 1.8GHz upgrade solved that issue.