Sawtooth stock hard drive specs?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by disconap, Apr 28, 2006.

1. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Anyone know the specs on the original 10g HD that came with the Sawtooth? I have my old one collecting dust, and I am about to upgrade a friend's (she is letting me keep the 10 in hers), so I was thinking of making a nifty little cache RAID for Photoshop, but I need to know the speed and cache size of the drives to know if it's worth bothering, and I can't seem to find the specs ANYWHERE (all fifteen specs I've come up with for the Sawtooth, including lowendmac, don't list the drive speeds). Anybody know them off hand?

2. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

Nobody? I've been looking for a couple days now and still no luck. I can't even find it using the model number....

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

According to MacTracker, it could be either a 10GB 5400RPM or a 10GB 7200RPM (amongst others). The speed of the drive should be right on the label for the HD..

Any reason you're not just buying a faster/larger HD? You can get them quite cheaply.

4. riciad macrumors 6502

These are the specs of the original drive out of my Sawtooth-

Maxtor 10.2GB UDMA/66 7200RPM 2MB IDE HDD Maxtor 51024U2.

5. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

Awesome, thanks! I was worried that it might be a 5400rpm, but I think both drives are 7200 at this point.

And I'm not buying newer drives because I'm experimenting, not sure if it will even help out my system much. Plus I really plan on just using it as a live/cache disk for CS2, so it really doesn't really need to be bigger than 10g. Besides, reuse, renew, recycle...