SBC + AT&T = Your World Depleted?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sethypoo, Apr 2, 2006.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

So I was driving down the highway where I live and I did a double take at one of the new AT&T billboards along the highway. After driving past it, I was like "what was that?!?", laughed a little, then got my Rebel XT camera, called my girlfriend to give me a ride while I took pictures, and captured the picture below.

The board is supposed to say "Your World Delivered." Whoever vandalized the board planned ahead and made the "plet" to cover up part of "delivered." They also added the small image of a bomb. This sort of thing happened before around here, someone vandalized a Coors beer board about a year ago.

Attached Files:

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

funny.

don't use SBC or AT&T. glad. time warner, comcast and verizon work for me.:D

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If I'm interpreting that right, isn't that a sick minded advertisement?

4. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I don't get it. Why would they say "depleted"? That's like, when you don't have something. Was this posted by an enemy company?

5. masterapple04 macrumors regular

If I'm looking at this right, it appears that in "depleted" the 'plet' was an extra sheet stuck on over other letters. Anyone know any 8-letter words that start with 'de' and end in 'ed' ?

6. masterapple04 macrumors regular

Quick Google search gave me the answer. (Should have done it in the first place.)

The actual slogan is "Your World Delivered."

7. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry, I thought it was obvious (there are a lot of these boards around here, and we get a lot of TV ads too).

The board is supposed to say "Your World Delivered." Who ever vandalized the board planned ahead and made the "plet" to cover up part of "delivered." This has happened before around here, someone vandalized a Coors beer board about a year ago.

8. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Sorry - I should have known that. That's effing hilarious. ;)