Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
So I was driving down the highway where I live and I did a double take at one of the new AT&T billboards along the highway. After driving past it, I was like "what was that?!?", laughed a little, then got my Rebel XT camera, called my girlfriend to give me a ride while I took pictures, and captured the picture below.

The board is supposed to say "Your World Delivered." Whoever vandalized the board planned ahead and made the "plet" to cover up part of "delivered." They also added the small image of a bomb. This sort of thing happened before around here, someone vandalized a Coors beer board about a year ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5629.JPG
    IMG_5629.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 161

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
If I'm interpreting that right, isn't that a sick minded advertisement?

masterapple04

macrumors regular
May 26, 2004
Massachusetts, USA
If I'm looking at this right, it appears that in "depleted" the 'plet' was an extra sheet stuck on over other letters. Anyone know any 8-letter words that start with 'de' and end in 'ed' ?

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Sorry, I thought it was obvious (there are a lot of these boards around here, and we get a lot of TV ads too).

The board is supposed to say "Your World Delivered." Who ever vandalized the board planned ahead and made the "plet" to cover up part of "delivered." This has happened before around here, someone vandalized a Coors beer board about a year ago.

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
sethypoo said:
Sorry, I thought it was obvious (there are a lot of these boards around here, and we get a lot of TV ads too).

The board is supposed to say "Your World Delivered." Who ever vandalized the board planned ahead and made the "plet" to cover up part of "delivered." This has happened before around here, someone vandalized a Coors beer board about a year ago.

Sorry - I should have known that. That's effing hilarious. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.