Scalable video. 12inPB to external LCD

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Eniregnat, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

My rev b iTang was in a bit of an accident. I am now thinking of upgrading to a PowerBook. This also means upgrading from Os 9 to 10.x. This is an expensive process, as most of my software licenses are no longer upgradable. I think that I am going to go with a 12in PB, but I want to know if the video is scalable. If I use an external monitor is it just the 12in screen blown up, or can I run the monitor at a different resolution. I hope to plug it into a 17in Planar LCD at home.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

The Pb can either do
    a) video-mirroring, which both monitors display the same screen, which is limited by the resolution-ceiling of the PB (1024x768 I believe)
    b) monitor spanning/extended desktop, which one monitor displays the main screen (dock, toolbar etc.), the other another screen...each monitors resolution is independent...can set either monitor as main, drag between the two...
    ok, did a bad job of explaining, but I hope this answers your question...

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Yes, the 12" PB can display on an external display at a resolution of up to 2048x1536. I am running mine at 1600x1200 right now. It works quite well.

4. Eniregnat thread starter macrumors 68000

Eniregnat